save your pennies Mass. hunters...

Here’s my reply.
How about you liberals now in charge of fish and game require permits to enjoy photographing wildlife. A fee for walking or biking in areas paid for by our licenses ? The nutty crunchy crowd gets a free pass at the expense of fishermen and hunters ? Without our monies they wouldn't have these spaces to stroll in !

I love busting balls !

Here’s my reply.
How about you liberals now in charge of fish and game require permits to enjoy photographing wildlife. A fee for walking or biking in areas paid for by our licenses ? The nutty crunchy crowd gets a free pass at the expense of fishermen and hunters ? Without our monies they wouldn't have these spaces to stroll in !

I love busting balls !
Perfectly said

Here’s my reply.

I love busting balls !

you don’t want that......
you don’t want all those birds watchers and dog workers to have a actual say in how land set aside for hunters is used.
our best “ace in the hole” as hunters is that we solely fund those properties.

Here’s my reply.

I love busting balls !

I cannot put enough 😍😍😍😍😍 after this post. F'in commie bastards.

This seems to be in conflict with the R3 program that's supposed to be helping stop the loss of sportsmen. "Hey, hunting licenses are down 50%, and working families around the state haven't been working in nearly a year; let's raise the cost of admission, I'm sure that'll help increase engagement!"

Being an old phart, mine is free, except the permits. I have always gotten them all for me and the wife. We don't hit the woods much anymore but always felt my money went to a good cause. I aways get my son his for CHRISTMAS. The whole 9 yards. Looks like it'll be a doozie this year for 3 of us.

Thank you for bringing this up. I'm gonna definitely fill out the form with a few suggestions. This isn't a minor increase. This is a 400% increase.

The base license fees are ‘tolerable’. It’s the bs stamp fees that are ridiculous. My license fees would increase 285%. F that!

I normally get my archery, blackpowder and antlerless for the off chance I can get out one or two days. Haven’t used any of them in years, but it was only $15.20.

Now I won’t get any. Instead of a (+$60), the state will be getting a
(-$15).

A $20 stamp to hunt pheasant and quail? Are they going to actually enforce the seasonal limits so those of us without a dog can possibly see a bird or two?

Here’s my reply.

I love busting balls !
Yup. A recreation permit. It is done in other states. They have a pretty big impact on our "wilderness" so a use permit would actually be legit in this case; as long as the money goes to conservation, land purchase and access.

They said sales of hunting and sporting licenses have declined 20-50%
In the first place what kind of math has a 30% swing in accuracy? In the second place when did raising prices become the cure for lower demand?
I'm thinking that whomever runs the business division of the department needs a class in economics.

In the first place what kind of math has a 30% swing in accuracy?
there are different classes of licenses. what they are saying is that sales of sporting license have declined by 20% and hunting licenses by 50% in the named period.

Wow. I just looked at the increases. So as a resident you could be into this for well over 200 bucks! Perfectly logical given the millions of acres of forests we have and the incredible hunting. I mean, we have so many deer in zone 8 and 9 that we just hide behind trees and tackle them when the huge herds come by. I wonder if the fees now (given the increase) will provide us with automatic insurance coverage for every time a tree hugger scratches up our car when parked at a WMA or DCR area.

In the first place what kind of math has a 30% swing in accuracy? In the second place when did raising prices become the cure for lower demand?
I'm thinking that whomever runs the business division of the department needs a class in economics.
I have a hard time believing this given what I have been seeing in the woods and on the water.

This is just another example of go ernment doing 'something' to justify itself.
All the gun owners who said, 'ya who needs hi cap mags or an ar15? I am a hunter!' are now populating Mass fish and game.
And those who seek liberty and freedom are again painted into a corner.

The real problem is the money goes into the general fund rather than hunting/fishing.
No I don't think it does. A state needs to keep all fishing and hunting license fees toward f and g funding or they don't get pitman Robertson or dingle Johnson act funding. Those laws are pretty clear on that.

Depending on what you do, the non-resident NH fees aren't much more.
Plus NH allows Sunday hunting.
I went to nh for hunting last year and it was worth every penny of the $170 or so I paid. Hunted alot of Sundays. Even found good public land to hunt rabbits on. Got a nice buck in zone m......on a Sunday.

you don’t want that......
you don’t want all those birds watchers and dog workers to have a actual say in how land set aside for hunters is used.
our best “ace in the hole” as hunters is that we solely fund those properties.

How's that "ace" been working out for us so far? Crossbow bill? Sunday hunting? Have they quit harassing hunters and restricting our access with impunity yet?

Is there a single one of the Eddie Bauer dog-walking set (or their political cronies) that gives a good godd@amn that we are the ones paying for their privilege of bitching about us all the time? It would be funny if it wasn't so tragic.

They ALREADY have the say in this state. They might as well have to pay, too.

The real problem is the money goes into the general fund rather than hunting/fishing.
All license & permit money goes into a dedicated Inland Fish & Game Fund. None of it goes to the General Fund, nor is any derived from the General Fund. As stated earlier, I can wrap my head around the core license increase amount, but the permit increase is excessive.

NY dropped their License prices when they realized less guys where buying them a non resident was $180 for big game only now $100 and you can hunt everything and get a bear and turkey tag. Plus you can hunt Sunday.
With the stamps for pheasant, bear, and turkey going up I probably wont buy them as I only may get out for pheasant once a season. Don't really target bear but for $5 I would buy the stamp if I happened upon one.

More of a crime than than just a problem. Sportsman's license + salt is something like $60 total? That already sucks for in state licensing.

so all people who int and sit and Mass are going to sit out the next two years until we cripple the wildlife fund?

As hunters and fishermen we can buy hunting and fishing licenses and hunt and fish in other states.

Since we live in New England other states are a stone's throw away unlike if we were locked in central Texas....

If we continue to buy the licenses then we are telling them we are showing we are in agreement with the price hikes....

Back
Top Bottom