Savage Stevens 16 gauge shotgun

Does anyone know where I can find any info on a Savage Stevens model 311a 16 gauge shotgun? It has no serial number but just some letters and markings I know nothing about. It's 54 years old.
ffb8339671d11c154f9dd1dc081d0a16.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

That is about the nicest 311 you could want amongst Stevens work horse shotguns.

This is in the box, was never used.

Sadly it's still not worth a whole lot.

Grading 100% 98% 95% 90% 80% 70% 60%
$275 $235 $200 $175 $160 $145 $130
Last MSR was $309.
Add 20% for 16 gauge.
I'm sure if you try hard enough and get into a few folks that collect you might get more.

Yeah, even back in the day, it was not "top of the line." If it fits you and you hunt upland birds, use it. Don't use it with steel shot! The thin steel barrels will react badly at the choke with steel.

There are a lot of guys I know that should say it was a darn shame that gun never downed a bunch of birds...
Well at least it might sell faster than my well used 311s I have a 20g and 12g I was hoping to get 425$ for the pair .....

How does a gun only 54 years old not have a serial #? I assumed they've been required since the 30's. Maybe it was GCA68?

All I know about it is my mother bought it for my father for their 1st wedding anniversary. Sat high on a shelf in his closet and was never used.

How does a gun only 54 years old not have a serial #? I assumed they've been required since the 30's. Maybe it was GCA68?

GCA68 was what made it a requirement for every firearm to be serialized. OP that's the nicest 311 I've ever seen. Still not worth all that much, but a good working man's shotgun. I have one in 12 that i paid like $150 for. If I had the time to hunt, I'm sure it would be one of my go to guns for birds.

They were hot a decade ago as Cowboy Action Shooters were scarfing them up. Of course, back then, no one wanted an Auto-5. Now no one wants the dub'guns and everyone kills for a A5. You guys are a finicky bunch!

It is a sweet gun. I'd be reluctant to shoot it it's so nice. I've got a pretty un-worth-ful S&W late-60's/early-70's 38spl revolver that is so mirror polished you could use it as a mirror to shave. Won't shoot it. Hate to sell it for what it's worth. WTF is wrong with me? LOL

Nice first wedding anniversary gift!

I don't even remember what my 1 year wedding anniversary gift from my wife was, and that was only a little over a month ago. [laugh] It definitely wasn't a gun.

Jeez - just seeing this on a screen larger than my phone now. That is a BEAUTIFUL shotgun! The colors on the frame are gorgeous. (And in 16 gauge, the ultimate hunting round - far superior to the 12 or 20 for anything but ducks)

And to think - the 311 was considered a "workingman's gun", nothing fancy; just an affordable lead thrower. All the one's I've seen have been worn down from use, to think that they all probably looked this nice - wow.

Back
Top Bottom