Savage Model 1907 to show for EddieCoyle

I hadn't posted here in a while, but when I found this Savage Mod 1907 gem, I remembered how much EddieCoyle liked them.

This is a first year manufacture, 1908, and with a three digit serial 902. It has all of the first production features, before the many modifications of later variants. The two coolest early features are Steel Grip Panels and the Dished Safety Lever.

But the best aspect is the condition, at about 98%. Hope you enjoy. Thanks for looking!

l7GspSEl.jpg

pBxuDjSl.jpg

YVLTQg3l.jpg

nAIcA0Jl.jpg

6Sox2MGl.jpg

qoRnKzKl.jpg

D8tfg4Tl.jpg

aYzr40vl.jpg

rVwT8Mil.jpg

brKCGyrl.jpg

kgJycjhl.jpg

aD5bHRkl.jpg

56KLkPMl.jpg

WV8bzE4l.jpg

9GBmm1al.jpg

6SgALGBl.jpg

4F5rZcJl.jpg

uDh5M6yl.jpg

OhXMEw0l.jpg

xgmRUjal.jpg

Wow what a beautiful example of a gorgeous piece of firearms history. Thanks for posting it up and sharing, Those ads a couple of you guys linked are awesome too. Amazing how the times change. Cheers

This is a first year manufacture, 1908, and with a three digit serial 902. It has all of the first production features, before the many modifications of later variants. The two coolest early features are Steel Grip Panels and the Dished Safety Lever.

Wow! That's the nicest I've seen. Awesome pistol.

Here is great link with lots of information on the Savage 1907

The Savage Model 1907 Pocket Pistol

That's my site. I did it a long time ago as sort of a project to learn HTML and Photoshop.

10 years ago I found one way in the back of a closet top shelf in a house we were renting. I fell in love with the style and workmanship. Beautiful gun, beautifully made!

I called the owner who apologized. He hadn't thought about that gun in many years and wasn't shooting anymore, so he said "If you want it, it's yours, otherwise I'll swing by and get it." Ten years later I'm still trying to figure out what was going through my head when I said "No thanks."[crying]

Wow! That's the nicest I've seen. Awesome pistol.

That's my site. I did it a long time ago as sort of a project to learn HTML and Photoshop.

You've had that website up for 14 years, I'm sure it has generated much interest in the Savage.

For you to say that is the nicest you've seen, that means a lot. Thanks, Eddie

A scaled up version in 45acp was made to compete against the 1911 for the trials. 288 were made in 45acp......and returned to Savage after the contract wen to colt and the 1911.......the 288 were all re furbed ans sold to the civilian market. Would love to find one of those!

A scaled up version in 45acp was made to compete against the 1911 for the trials. 288 were made in 45acp......and returned to Savage after the contract wen to colt and the 1911.......the 288 were all re furbed ans sold to the civilian market. Would love to find one of those!

There's been one for sale on GunBroker for quite some time. A bargain at $14K.

If I ever hit the lottery...

An old thread, but I thought I'd add this:

savage pistol.jpg

I have one (.32). It does point well. Which is handy since the sights are almost useless.

I have one (.32). It does point well. Which is handy since the sights are almost useless.

My Remington 51, from about the same era, is the same. Low-profile sights were the norm then; I don't know why. But it made designers pay close attention to ergonomics. Without exception, all the Webleys and Savages and Rems of that era point very naturally.

Back
Top Bottom