• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Savage B.Mag Anyone else have one?

I had been looking at the B.mag for a while, I'm a big fan of the .17hmr and was pretty interested in the .17WSM. I picked up the newer SS bull barrel version a few months back and have been less than impressed.

Plastic stock was a POS (not a big deal, cheap gun, cheap fix) and the barrel did not sit centered, touched the barrel on the left. I ordered a Boyd stock thinking it was just the cheap plastic stock that caused the contact... boyd contacts also. Cant get it to group anywhere close to where it should.

Now the waiting game with Savage customer service begins, after the hell I went through on my 220 with the light primer strikes I'm not looking forward to this.

Anyone else have a b.mag?

I ordered one early, before you could even get ammo. I traded it before I even fired it. It looked like a fxcking toy, stock was horrible, flimsy and would never free float, and the bolt looked like it was made from crap tin metal.

I already had a 17hmr savage with the bull barrell and love it. Super accurate and a lot better made. Holds a nice group at 100 yards Ammo is reasonable and easy to find.

This is an all too common problem with the B-Mags. You either get one of the rare good ones or you keep returning them until you get sick of it and get your money back, or luck into one that's good.
This is very surprising from Savage. I'm still holding out until they get it under control. I have ammo, but no gun yet.

I thought with the heavy barrel profile that it would be better than the original. I would have waited for another company to chamber something in it, but I've been drooling over the round for too long. Ruger m77 would be nice.

Update: Getting a new rifle, but have to wait for production to start on a new batch. Would be nice to have as varmint seasons are opening soon. Fingers crossed its not just a newer incarnation of the old messed up one.

Back
Top Bottom