Savage Arms makes a 1911? Who knew?

The slide milling and serrations are unique. Kind of Hi-Power-ish. Their railed 1911 looks good to me thanks to that unique taper when normally I think they are ugly as sin.

Has a glare reducing texture on the top of the slide.
SAVAGE_1911_GOVT_STYLE_%20BLACK_LEFT_REAR_0132.png

SAVAGE_1911_GOVT_STYLE_RAIL_GUN_%20BLACK_RIGHT_REAR_0035.png

SAVAGE_1911_GOVT_STYLE_%20BLACK_BARREL_0125.png
My little nit to pick is the angle of the serrations: near as I can tell, they might align with the dovetail cut for the sights, but nothing else. I really wish it was parallel to either the front or back strap or something. It just looks entirely unrelated, and starts to feel busy.

Come on man you have to shell out the candy to get the cake Buy one love it and sell it here on NES for 1/2 the MSRP.
I love how when there is a new gun on the market, 2-3 months later the classifieds here are inundated with used ones.

<100 rounds through it, never carried and I know what I have. Safe queen!

My little nit to pick is the angle of the serrations: near as I can tell, they might align with the dovetail cut for the sights, but nothing else. I really wish it was parallel to either the front or back strap or something. It just looks entirely unrelated, and starts to feel busy.
It is odd to me that they machined the glare reducing texture on the top of the slide while not checkering or serrating the front strap.

A friend used to say "gay sells."

They do look good.
I am not at all a fan of the look. Specifically, the front of the slide. At first glance, it almost looked like they added a rail to side of the slide. Maybe this was deliberate to add weight to the front of the gun? Maybe to help reduce muzzle flip?
Just doesn't look like "ole slab side" to me. And with an MSRP of $400 more than a Colt Competition, but lacking a match barrel and fiber optic front sight, I would be hard pressed to buy the Savage

SAVAGE_1911_GOVT_STYLE_%202_TONE_RIGHT_%20PROFILE_0014.png

093873.jpg

I am not at all a fan of the look. Specifically, the front of the slide. At first glance, it almost looked like they added a rail to side of the slide. Maybe this was deliberate to add weight to the front of the gun? Maybe to help reduce muzzle flip?
Just doesn't look like "ole slab side" to me. And with an MSRP of $400 more than a Colt Competition, but lacking a match barrel and fiber optic front sight, I would be hard pressed to buy the Savage

093873.jpg
I like the way it looks.

Is the Colt competition any good?
And why are proces all over from $900 to $2K+

I like the way it looks.

Is the Colt competition any good?
And why are proces all over from $900 to $2K+
I've been pretty happy with my Colt Competition. It's accurate and has never malfunctioned.
Colt's website shows MSRP at $999- $1199 for the "Plus" model.
Match grade barrel makes a big difference in overall accuracy. Even in lower tier guns, match barrel makes a big difference.

We need the input of @EddieCoyle . He’s an expert on the early history of Savage. 100 years ago, it was an innovative company. A limited reissue of the 1907 pistol in .32 is kind of a wet dream of mine. It was the first staggered box magazine, it didn’t require tools to take down, and it was very agreeable ergonomically.

No front strap serrations, but night sights....if its around 1K itll be a seller. But its in a crowded market with the Smith E series and a lot of other stuff.

Personally, Im paying a little more for Dan Wesson for the next 1911 I get.

093873.jpg
I’d buy savage over colt on reputation. f*** those cucks at colt.

Ill be that guy. The cocking serrations are ugly as shit. It speaks "Taurus". .... Huge marketing fail, nobody did their homework.

The AIDS of 1911s .....

Taurus-1911™-45-ACP-Stainless-Full.jpg

I’d buy savage over colt on reputation. f*** those cucks at colt.
I've had awesome luck with my Colts, but am aware that is not the case with lots of folks that owned Colts in the past.
I was one of the last series through PI that qualified on a 1911. I think the armorer said it had something like 100k rounds through it. In my brief time with it, it never jammed. It was exactly tight, but it was fairly accurate with ball ammo.
Ill be that guy. The cocking serrations are ugly as shit. It speaks "Taurus". .... Huge marketing fail, nobody did their homework.

The AIDS of 1911s .....

View attachment 708971
Exactly what I was thinking. I have also never been a fan of the S&W fishscale serrations. So ghey.

There are many 1911s from worse companies. I trust savage to a degree.

I've had awesome luck with my Colts, but am aware that is not the case with lots of folks that owned Colts in the past.
I was one of the last series through PI that qualified on a 1911. I think the armorer said it had something like 100k rounds through it. In my brief time with it, it never jammed. It was exactly tight, but it was fairly accurate with ball ammo.

Exactly what I was thinking. I have also never been a fan of the S&W fishscale serrations. So ghey.
Many old colts that were quality machines.

If you haven’t been paying attention, their current reputation is on par with the DNC. I don’t care what they currently put out, quality wise. If you entertain their junk you’re basically a democrat. You don’t want to know how I feel about demonrats.

Many old colts that were quality machines.

If you haven’t been paying attention, their current reputation is on par with the DNC. I don’t care what they currently put out, quality wise. If you entertain their junk you’re basically a democrat. You don’t want to know how I feel about demonrats.
Oh. I can't keep up with the boycott list. Damn near every company has some sort of issues.
Ruger... "No honest man needs more than 10 rounds"
Walther - Nazis
Mitsubishi - Imperial Japan
Nike - sweat shops
Volkswagon - BMW - Mercedes. Played nice with Hitler.
S&W - Hillary hole
AK - communist gun killed thousands of Americans

And on and on...

Oh. I can't keep up with the boycott list. Damn near every company has some sort of issues.
Ruger... "No honest man needs more than 10 rounds"
Walther - Nazis
Mitsubishi - Imperial Japan
Nike - sweat shops
Volkswagon - BMW - Mercedes. Played nice with Hitler.
S&W - Hillary hole
AK - communist gun killed thousands of Americans

And on and on...
You forgot

Colt- ceo in the 1990s that brought colt into gov contracts only.

I mean Bill Ruger died 20 years ago and I'm still bringing up the 10 rounds comment.

The Ruger and Donald Zilkha disco thing is hilarious.

Neither of those guys have been involved in the gun industry for years. Actually that bill ruger that uttered that quote is dead.

ETA: one thing I read showed that Zilkha exited colt in 2013 . a bunch of shit happened and now ironically CZ owns colt...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom