1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

Savage Arms in Westfield for sale in corporate restructuring

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Reptile, May 25, 2018.

1. Reptile

Reptile NES Member

WESTFIELD -- Savage Arms is for sale as part of a corporate restructuring that'll see parent Vista Outdoor get out of gunmaking and focus on ammunition, hydration bottles and packs and outdoor cooking products.

With 367 workers at its factory on Springdale Road, Savage is one of Westfield's largest private employers.

Vista said it plans to complete its sale of Savage by the end of its 2020 fiscal year.

Vista, based in Utah, has taken heat in recent months for its connections to the NRA and donations to politicians whop oppose gun control even in the wake of more school shootings.

In March, retailer REI stopped ordering products from Vista'sCamelBak, Giro, Camp Chef and Blackburn brands, saying it wanted Vista to make a clear plan of action to combat gun violence.

Bicyclists also complained and organized boycotts of Vista products.

Bicycling friends: Did you know that @Giro, Bell, @CamelBak, Copilot and a few other bike gear brands that you may enjoy are owned by @VistaOutdoorInc, America's largest manufacturer of ammunition? Brands - Vista Outdoor

-- Aaron Naparstek (@Naparstek) February 21, 2018
    For its part, Vista says selling Savage Arms is a business decision. Savage rifles and its Stevens brand of budget rifles and shotguns are only 7 percent of Vista Outdoor's total revenue, the company said in an emailed response to questions this week.

Continues:

Savage Arms in Westfield for sale in corporate restructuring

2. MachineryGun

MachineryGun

Well this week has sucked...

3. Glockster30

Glockster30 NES Member

I see this as an opportunity for a NES group buy!

RedWing, BrianWilson, kevin9 and 4 others like this.
  4. Mountain

Mountain NES Member

What little I have picked up about Savage, it seems like a pretty cool company that provides great support to local clubs and competitions. Even though owned by Vista, it seems to have its own culture.

Hey, Remington came out of chapter 11 quite quickly. Savage could come out of this OK. I do worry a bit that the current pansy-ass political environment will scare too many investors.

5. snax

snax NES Member

Let's hope some Soros front company doesn't buy it and shut the doors for good!

6. mac1911

mac1911 NES Member

need to consider any Savage sold out to Vista/ATK in the firstplace. Vista is dropping it because it's not profitable enough to tell the clean booted Subaru kayak folks to FO.
    they where doomed since the logo change.

7. fshalor

fshalor NES Member

Is this the same Savage that made that awesome 40 year old Savage bolt action .22lr in my safe which is an absolute freaking better than I ever will shoot tack driver?

Hmmm. K .erg.. going to Twitter Melt about refusing to buy Vistas products if they sell. Not that it will make a difference.