• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Savage Arms Edge .308

hey check out www.savagearms.com the new "edge" rifle comes up on the homepage. what do you guys think about this rifle. I ordered it in .308 from a local shop, my first long range rifle. (think entry level) what do you guys think?

I was looking at one myself, I'll probably pick one up within the next few weeks.

All the reviews I've been reading are that it's an incredibly accurate rifle, more accurate than a hunter would need was the quote.

As for the trigger, it breaks at around 5lbs, so it isn't a horrible trigger, and you can always change that down the road if you like.

You can get one over at Four Seasons for $319 with scope $279 without. (Scope is a Bushnell)

meh, i would save up the extra bucks and get a model with the accutrigger.

this ^

save up another couple hundred bucks and get a model 10 or 12 with the accutrigger & heavy barrel.

[smile] this rifle is a sigma vs m&p [laugh]

-j/k, not really

The g/f is looking at .223 bolt-actions to have ammo compatibility with my AR, and picked one up to take a look.

Without shooting one, our impressions were the same...
Good: Stock looks nice, decent trigger, decently smooth action. Probably decently accurate if the stock doesn't compress/bend (see below).

Bad: Poorly placed comb for a scope, plastic shell over foam stock feels incredibly cheap (and I have questions as to its rigidity), while the trigger's OK, it's no accu-trigger, combos come with cheap glass.

Overall: OK cheap gun...but more than halfway price-wise to a much nicer gun. The Remington 700s are slightly nicer, but she doesn't like the stock colors. She's now looking at Howa 1500 and CZ varminters...and this is from someone who otherwise generally loves Savage's offerings.

i called four season.. whoever answered the phone didnt know what a savage edge was and told me they have none in stock

i called four season.. whoever answered the phone didnt know what a savage edge was and told me they have none in stock
Not very surprising. It's a Dick's Sporting Goods / department store special, I think. You don't include your location, so I'm not sure how helpful this is, but the Rt. 70 Worcester, MA Dick's had 2 last week, the Rt. 146 Blackstone Shoppes store had 2 last week, and the Rt. 9 Framingham store had a few as well.

Not very surprising. It's a Dick's Sporting Goods / department store special, I think. You don't include your location, so I'm not sure how helpful this is, but the Rt. 70 Worcester, MA Dick's had 2 last week, the Rt. 146 Blackstone Shoppes store had 2 last week, and the Rt. 9 Framingham store had a few as well.

Thats pretty typical of Dicks guns. Even before the edge you could get a Savage sans accutrigger for cheap money, think Savage retooled the marketing scheme but it's the same story.

I have a left handed Savage .308 hunter profile gun with a 6-20x56 scope and it shoots the balls. The accutrigger is nice an light.

well since this is my first .308 rifle i didnt want to spend a ton of money and iv heard its accurate enough so with a decent scope i think it should be a good fit for me

Back
Top Bottom