Savage Arms customer service surprise

liketorace

NES Member
Based upon my interaction with them today, Savage Arms has great customer service, not to mention well built and accurate rifles.

I bought a FVT Mark II rifle for my daughter to use at Junior Shooters just short of 3 years ago and last week we discovered that we lost a screw from the Williams peep sight.

Yesterday, I submitted an online request and offered to pay for the part. About about 26 hours later, I called since I would really like to take her shooting this weekend. Within a couple of minutes, Sam in customer service looked up the case, said he will warranty it (written warranty is 1 year) and is sending a screw and a spare out--no charge.

So far, that is the only Savage I own, but I will be looking at another. I own a couple of rifles made by another manufacturer in NH and that manufacturer could learn about customer service from Savage.

well, i'm glad they helped you. could have been worse, they could have had you tape two dimes on a cardboard and send it to them. [laugh]

well, i'm glad they helped you. could have been worse, they could have had you tape two dimes on a cardboard and send it to them. [laugh]

True; while the monetary value is not amazing, having the phone answered and even a small problem handled efficiently is not something I even dare to hope for anymore, sadly.

I called savage last year in hopes of finding a part for a old model 22.
The CS rep was surprisingly familiar with the model and although he said they didn't have parts he gave me a few places known to have older savage parts.

Back
Top Bottom