• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Savage Arms .22LR

Shane

Banned
Our old tubular fed Marlin .22LR has many feeding problems, and I've decided I want to purchase my own .22LR.

I work at Dick's Sporting Goods and they sell a Savage Arms .22LR semi-auto with 10 round magazine and scope for $179.99

Does anybody have an opinion on Savage Arms? Positive? Negative?

Should I seek a .22LR from a different manufacturer? I want a 10 rd. magazine fed semi-auto .22LR with scope and wood tone.

Would I save money by purchasing somewhere else? I get no employee discount on firearms.

Last edited:
I got a savage model 62 auto loader and had no problems with it. Bought it few years ago used and very happy with it, just as good as my 10/22.

Savage

What you want is the Savage Mark II BV. Bolt action. Get a Bushnell scope. Has the AccuTrigger, adjustable to 2.5 lbs. Mine shoots .75 MOA with standard ammo.

Savage Armes .22LR

I Love Savage Firearms i have several, But i love my Ruger 10/22 it has a
great 10 Round Rotory Mag that slips in and out Slicker than DoDo on a
Cowboy boot and the Mags are inexpensive and the feel of the wood stock
is super and also there are more addons for that rifle than a SKS,
Folding stocks, muzzel Brakes, stocks that will make it look like an AK-47
Bull-Pup stocks, the List go,s on and on, thay also have Banana clips for
them, and you can buy a new Barrel in .17H&R Magnum and it only takes
an Allen Wrench to change barrels. So either brand is a good Buy its
up to you just what you like and what your needs are!!

Just my two pennies worth, good luck Sheriff Dudley

Our old tubular fed Marlin .22LR has many feeding problems, and I've decided I want to purchase my own .22LR.

I work at Dick's Sporting Goods and they sell a Savage Arms .22LR semi-auto with 10 round clip and scope for $179.99

Does anybody have an opinion on Savage Arms? Positive? Negative?

Should I seek a .22LR from a different manufacturer? I want a 10 rd. clip fed semi-auto .22LR with scope and wood tone.

Would I save money by purchasing somewhere else? I get no employee discount on firearms.

Hey Shane, the Savage is a fine rifle. However, it might also be a good idea to look around at various shops and see what you can pick up used. You should be able to find a 10/22 for less than what you'll pay for a new Savage. The 10/22's have more accessories that probably any other rimfire. If you feel like spending a bit more, you can look for perhaps the finest repeating .22 ever made - an older Marlin Model 39. These are lever action take-down rifles (or carbines) that are reliable, accurate, and can fire .22 short, long, and long rifle ammo. The older ones have all milled steel parts, crisp light triggers, and very slick actions.

I've got the savage striker (bolt action handgun) the semi auto and bolt action rifle all in .22LR

except for the trigger, I have no complaints at all with any of them.
they are all accurate and fun to shoot.

the trigger requires a little more pressure then I'd prefer,
I've got a rifle basix trigger I keep meaning to put in one of them, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Back
Top Bottom