• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Savage 93R17 new bolt

Well got home form the match and took the Savage out back for a little shootin. I really do not like the bolt knob peaceful day no boys around so I said time to fix it. I have the older model that had the round bolt knob. You have to dissemble the bolt then the handle just unscrews. I removed it then got me a chunk of metal chucked it up and set to work. Threaded it turned it to the profile I was wanting chucking and unchucking to many times to count to get it the profile I wanted. Got ti to where I liked it polished it up starting with 200grit working my way up to 1500. The base of the threaded portion is cut to match the ID of through hole in the bolt body to allow the front part of the bolt's spring rod to pass through a few quick passes with the mill and all is good. Assembled took it out and she is MUCH nicer! the difference is astounding. It ended up slightly longer the second ting I did not like but not as long as I figured it would end up. One hand reloading is now so easy

s1_zps36b2e824.jpg
s3_zpsf40b80a1.jpg
s2_zpsf8e4084a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom