Sauschuck confirmation hearing in Maine

late08

NES Member
For the Maine folks that might be on the forum....

Did anyone go to (or are currently at) the Sauschuck confirmation hearing up in Augusta? Or sent in testimony? I did the latter as I could not make it up there today.

Curious as to the turnout.

Background info on it: http://gunownersofmaine.org/stop-mike

Yeah, unfortunately I got rid of Facebook in 2011. When I lived in Mass NES was my go-to so I didn't need Facebook. Guess that's going to have to change!

Thanks for the post!

Sad day for my second home. GOME had a great turnout but this was in the bag before it was announced. I see a rocky road ahead but they will have to change the state Constitution first and that could be a problem.

Sad day for my second home. GOME had a great turnout but this was in the bag before it was announced. I see a rocky road ahead but they will have to change the state Constitution first and that could be a problem.

On of many battles. I have spent more time and money fighting asshats in Maine the last 5-6 years than ever before. Pain in the ass

0682A91D-399A-4A7C-8F08-CA4A8B00A123.gif
I never thought it would happen. Almost every Mainer I know owns many guns. Damn southern Maine strikes again.

Coastal southern Maine mostly and it’s creeping north. My home is in southern Maine but I have a place up north where I hunt. It’s like two different worlds. In one I’m being told we have to ban straws and plastic bags and the other I’m sitting in a pizza joint admiring my friends shotgun. However that said I love heading north with my rifles and shotguns in my rack with the roof off my Jeep as I drive coastal Rte1 through the beach towns and all the fancy shorts wearing people. I love the looks on their faces in traffic.

At this point, where am I safer buying property? NH or Maine?
Good question. I’m looking at the end of my 23rd year up north and have no regrets. My retirement plan is already laid out and there is no turning back. Gov. Mills will likely have a very tough battle on guns.
I see CC probably going away or at least a very strong fight over it.
There could be some magazine and AR issues but the fact is they are not a issue within the state.

NH is more likely than not also going to be having some same anti 2A action as well. It’s really a case of when not if.

Maine? I'm calling this the "Sauschuck Redemption"...

I can't. I promised myself that I would never join a club that would have me for a member...

I am wondering too because those are my choices. Personally, I look at immigration trends and demographic shifts as an indicator on potential anti 2A legislation in the future.

Both are f***ed. I already own a ton of land in Maine, so that's my choice. There will be battles everywhere. I'm sticking with Maine for the low property taxes, zero building codes (in my town), and the fact that my neighbors for 50 miles or more are Patriots

Both are f***ed. I already own a ton of land in Maine, so that's my choice. There will be battles everywhere. I'm sticking with Maine for the low property taxes, zero building codes (in my town), and the fact that my neighbors for 50 miles or more are Patriots

Yeah I really dont see anything they throw being enforceable.

This guy Sauschuck used his position and uniform to promote his political agenda. When I worked with the PD aux, we were told from the start if we ever did anything like that we would be fired on the spot! The policy was the same for the full time PD members. Have times changed that much over the past few years?

Well he was approved by The Criminal and Public Safety Committee along party lines, 8 Dems for and I think 5 Repubs. against. Just shows you which party wants your guns doesn't it? And one of the reasons that Maine has tipped over to the liberal agenda is all the imports who have sneaked into Maine with their Massachusetts thinking. Just my personal opinion having been born in Maine and lived in Mass for 20+ years.

Well he was approved by The Criminal and Public Safety Committee along party lines, 8 Dems for and I think 5 Repubs. against. Just shows you which party wants your guns doesn't it? And one of the reasons that Maine has tipped over to the liberal agenda is all the imports who have sneaked into Maine with their Massachusetts thinking. Just my personal opinion having been born in Maine and lived in Mass for 20+ years.
plenty of n.h. natives feel the same way......
some of us escaped mass, in the truest sense of "escaped". don't blame us.

plenty of n.h. natives feel the same way......
some of us escaped mass, in the truest sense of "escaped". don't blame us.
The problem is there are plenty of cutie-pies who have relocated to Greater Portland (in Maine's case), and Viewtaxonia (Franconia, Bethlehem, Easton, ... in New Hampshire's), not to mention the college kiddies and their hangers-on in places like Hanover and Keene. Many have been there for years, and may be on a second or third generation there now. Still "from away" if you ask a true native.

At this point, where am I safer buying property? NH or Maine?

Either and neither. From where you (and I) live either would be an improvement but there will always be a fight on your hands just like where you are. Look at VT, FL, the laundry list of states considering ERPO’s, urban central planners directing the government the way those urban centers vote, etc. That would have been laughed at a few years earlier. There are no more safe States, just States where the tide will come along later rather than sooner and hopefully those there can assemble en masse to prevent it.

Back
Top Bottom