• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sat. 1/26/08 Kittery T.P. Exhibition and FREE public appraisals

Dirtypacman

NES Door Greeter
Got this email and figured it would be a useful Heads Up:

Sporting Antiques Appraisal Fair
Date: January 26, 2008
Time: 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Kittery Trading Post Katahdin Seminar Rooms

An exhibition and free public appraisals of old, unique, or custom firearms, waterfowling decoys, fishing, ice fishing and camping gear, and knives gear – plus record mounts and deer rack scoring with the Northeast Big Buck Club

•Antique firearms appraisal by KTP staff experts

•Antique fishing gear (fly and conventional) appraisal by Dan Leroux, Santé Giuliani and friends (National Fishing Lure Collectors Club)

•Waterfowl decoys, upland game & songbird carvings, sporting art paintings, etchings and bronzes with Jim Cullen

•Trophy deer rack exhibit and scoring with the Northeast Big Buck Club

•Appraisal and identification of collectable hunting and military knives with David Michniewicz

•Antique camping gear and outdoor recreation ephemera appraisal by Harold Porter, Coleman® collector

Come beat the winter blues at Kittery Trading Post’s Sporting Antiques Appraisal Fair. From 10:00 in the morning until 4:00 in the afternoon, we’ll be exhibiting and appraising antique firearms; classic fly and conventional fishing rods, reels and lures; and all sorts of other vintage hunting and camping gear. The Northeast Big Buck Club will be on hand measuring and scoring deer racks from this and previous seasons.

The Antique Appraisal Fair is an opportunity to get that old gear out of the hayloft or attic, to find out how much that old musket is really worth, and to decide whether Grandpa’s split bamboo fly rod needs to be added to the insurance policy.

Did you take a deer last season that you think might belong in the record books? Bring the rack in and have the Northeast Big Buck Club measure it for you. All of the appraisers will be exhibiting some beautiful antiques from their own collections, and we encourage you to come and see what other people are bringing. This is always a highly enjoyable event, appropriate for the whole family – and a great reason to get out of the house in the heart of New England’s winter!

More information on Deer Scoring and the Northeast Big Buck Club is available at: www.bigbuckclub.com

I wished I knew about this.
I've collected a decent amount of stuff over the years that falls right in this genre I'd love to have appraised.

A fair of experts would be perfect. Does anyone know of any fairs such as this happening in the future?
Or, does anyone know of any experts in this field of antique hunting accessories / art?

Back
Top Bottom