SAS glock fails, bludgeons Taliban to death with a hammer

But we’re talking about a small compartment in a cave there might not have been standing room to even get enough torque

There has been some evidence that short range power punches can reach over half full swing capacity given a trained person, at which point a well trained athlete could exert in the range of 170+ lbs of force on an impact area when punching with limited arm range. I would like to think an active duty SAS would apply here, but I have no direct confirmation.

Now consider that amount of force, but focused into the tangs of a hammer. Like a dude jumping down on a hammer with the claws at vitals. I think it could be enough. Humans are delicate, yet extremely capable of massive trauma to others. It also depends on where. At the temple, it would be game over at far less.

There has been some evidence that short range power punches can reach over half full swing capacity given a trained person, at which point a well trained athlete could exert in the range of 170+ lbs of force on an impact area when punching with limited arm range. I would like to think an active duty SAS would apply here, but I have no direct confirmation.

Now consider that amount of force, but focused into the tangs of a hammer. Like a dude jumping down on a hammer with the claws at vitals. I think it could be enough. Humans are delicate, yet extremely capable of massive trauma to others. It also depends on where. At the temple, it would be game over at far less.
I have no idea if the Brits ever talk saber or single stick any more, but a moulinet is a wrist-driven strike with massive acceleration that would be devastating to the side of the head with a claw hammer...and takes barely more clearance than a punch.

@Mesatchornug
This theory of mine is not just limited to "combat" either. My father in law retired as a full colonel from the army. He was a Vietnam vet and he NEVER talked about Vietnam or what he did there. Not even to his wife and kids. They had zero idea other than he was a quartermaster officer and a 1lt back then. When he died in 2004 2 generals came to his funeral and talked with his family. They served with him in Vietnam. One asked if we knew what he did back then and my mil said he never once told her anything. He told us he was an officer in charge of a casualty collection point that inventoried and prepared bodies for shipment back to the US. That job fell under the quartermaster back then. He did that job for the first cav division for a whole year.
It seems to me, that I heard somewhere, that it takes 15 men in the rear, doing various jobs, to support every one man in the field.

It seems to me, that I heard somewhere, that it takes 15 men in the rear, doing various jobs, to support every one man in the field.
Somewhat true. It's 15 combat support/service support for every combat arms. I was 6 years infantry and the rest transportstion and logistics to get to retirement and spent about as much time in the "field" as a transportation officer (1LT to 2LT) and logistics officer (CPT to MAJ) as I did a SGT in the infantry.

Last edited:
Somewhat true. It's 15 combat support/service support for every combat arms. I was 6 years infantry and the rest transportstion and logistics to get to retirement and spent about as much time in the "field" as a transportation officer (1LT to 2LT) and logistics officer (CPT to MAJ) as I did a SGT in the infantry.
Much respect Mustanger.

Much respect Mustanger.
Much respect for you as well.

Best job I ever had......commander of a forward support company. Part of an infantry BN. The army got smart and embedded the support in the infantry BN in about 2008. The forward support company commander reports directly to the infantry BN commander with a dotted line to the BN S4. Provides support (feed em fuel em fix em) to 4 infantry companies. That Job was just f***ing awesome. An infantry light colonel did my OERs and we got along great. His charge to me when I took command of the FSC was to be as mobile and field expedient as the infantry we supported....well....as mobile as 5 ton transports could be. I never used the gp larges in the field. We slept in hooches just like the grunts.

Last edited:
I have a titanium framers hammer and it’s light as a feather. For jihad use.
My bet is that it wasn't a hammer at all. More likely a combat tomahawk, like the "Vietnam Tomahawk" sold by Cold Steel. Unless he was part of a construction battalion, he would not be carrying a hammer. The combat tomahawk is a nasty weapon in CQC. One forward swing with the blade splits the skull of the enemy in front of you and the backswing with the spike nails the one behind or to the side of you

It's not the tolerances that are most of the problem, it's fitting... well, that, and often times, part quality. And overall quality control.

When you look at cheap 1911s, especially ones that are f***ed up, it doesnt take long before you discover they're not fitted properly.

A lot of the old guns in addition to being a little looser, were fitted by hand, not some munctoid slapping parts together and racking a slide a couple of times and throwing it in a
box, without noticing how crunchy the gun is. [rofl]
My $250 RIA runs just fine, thank you.

My $250 RIA runs just fine, thank you.

That's why I said "especially ones that are f***ed up". You will often get lucky with RIA and SDS, their QC actually isn't too bad. At least the Remington R1 doesn't exist anymore. God what a hunk of dog meat. No two of those guns were alike.... [rofl]

That's why I said "especially ones that are f***ed up". You will often get lucky with RIA and SDS, their QC actually isn't too bad. At least the Remington R1 doesn't exist anymore. God what a hunk of dog meat. No two of those guns were alike.... [rofl]
My first 1911 was an R1. Can confirm that it was a turd [laugh]

Estwing Perfection?
I can not stop laughing! RD wins the internet this day in 2021.
It took a while to sink in,
but you two made me realize that
I had a holster for my Estwing
a couple of decades before
I got one for our 1911.
rockpickandsheath.jpg

Yes, I OC.

Mostly when it's a large collecting locality,
and I'm roaming around, unsure where to settle down
and stake my claim.

Wait a second..I thought a glock was a hammer.
For some value of "hammer".
HRPH8140-600x600.jpg

The combat tomahawk is a nasty weapon in CQC. One forward swing with the blade splits the skull of the enemy in front of you and the backswing with the spike nails the one behind or to the side of you
Backswing is important.
e4175f432bfece1e1da2872b7a59e61e.gif

Should have used a P320. if it fails, throw it at the guy and the impact will make it go off.
Q needs to invent inert decoy grenades with explosive cotter pins.

Doesnt the daily mail have a reputation of publishing "exaggerated" SAS stories?
Well, at best that would be in their News for British sections.
They're even more likely to cover American travesties than the NY Post.

Much respect for you as well.

Best job I ever had......commander of a forward support company. Part of an infantry BN. The army got smart and embedded the support in the infantry BN in about 2008. The forward support company commander reports directly to the infantry BN commander with a dotted line to the BN S4. Provides support (feed em fuel em fix em) to 4 infantry companies. That Job was just f***ing awesome. An infantry light colonel did my OERs and we got along great. His charge to me when I took command of the FSC was to be as mobile and field expedient as the infantry we supported....well....as mobile as 5 ton transports could be. I never used the gp larges in the field. We slept in hooches just like the grunts.
That's a big job. I'll assume we're talking about staying as mobile as the troops in the various sand boxes, over your career. The sand must screw up the vehicles quite regularly.

SAS is badass, full stop. Making the world a better place, one hammer swing at the time. Obi Wan Nairobi would be proud of his colleague.
as far as the failing Glock, I’m just going to,wait for the excuse fest from all the fanboys here. Watch the air service go back to the HP and never look back.
It's not a bad looking piece either.

1621708160021.png

Back
Top Bottom