• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

SAS glock fails, bludgeons Taliban to death with a hammer

It said that he chased them into the cave. Maybe it was a case of tunnel vision, he was so focused on killing them he charged in without thinking. I don't know how those dudes think.
From having to train 'similar' types into civilian law enforcement, it's an 'issue' with them to fixate on the threat and attack.

In training, I've had people charge my position behind solid cover, leaving solid cover to run across 30 yards of open ground taking 'fire' the whole time. I also have a simunition rifle and they have a pistol. The sim rounds have a little bb in them along with paint so they sting quite a bit when I hit. The debriefs are interesting to say the least.

A spring could have snapped, striker/hammer or trigger. I know they don't have hammers, but same function. Internal/trigger safety could have sheared off.

What was the round count on the gun? I probably have close 10k rounds through my 47 now. Feels like it's still breaking in.
I had a connector fail on my G19

The story as written is all over the place. Did he shoot 3? Bludgeon 3? Shoot 2 and bludgeon 1?

Sounds like the hammer was a weapon of opportunity, and he may have already been grappling with the 3rd surviving haji, reached over grabbed a hammer and crushed his skull.

For reference a friend of mine fired 2 shots thru his windshield while he was being rammed repeatedly by some lunatic in a stolen vehicle, a tiny shard of glass got caught in his slide and it locked up like it had been rusted shut for 10yrs. Murphy’s Law. Same thing could’ve happened inside the cave with shattering rock all over the place from rounds fired.

Lot of people assuming he went into the cave with a hammer, my guess is it was already inside as a work tool and became a weapon of opportunity within arms reach, just like a flashlight or rock across the head while you’re rolling on the ground with someone.

Wish the story was written better (shocker), but either way good for him and he should drink free for a few years anywhere he goes. Whatever it takes to get it done.

If the false edge is sharpened, does that make it a false false edge? Or a false real edge? A real false edge? An actual edge? Knives are complicated. A lot...
The back part of the blade of a true fighting Bowie is fully sharpened three inches or so from the tip. It enables the "backcut" where you parry your opponent's weapon, swing back or upwards and deliver a devastating slash to their arm, torso or face. Edged weapon combat is deadly business. Second place means death or permanent disablement.

Back
Top Bottom