• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Santurri Ltd - Gunsmith (N Attleboro, MA)

So just to bump this with some great results. Dave last installed a NOS barrel in a salvaged Lee Enfield No4 Mk1 receiver.

Stuffed it into an unimpressive hardwood sporter stock from Numrich with no attempt at proper bedding just to see how far it had to go.

First two rounds out of the barrel at 100 yards were within an inch edge to edge.

Presently filling the larder with venison it is worth wondering what properly bedding the action might accomplish. I just love raising the dead and Dave made it a practical reality in quick time for embarrassingly short money.

Dropping my M&P Shield 40 off today for new sights and some trigger work. Thanks to this site I heard about him so I looked him up and found his address. I then put the address into google and that got me roughly to the block where his shop is. Then I drove around the buildings a few times looking for his place, and ultimately had to ask somebody to figure which door was his.

Fixed it for you. [smile]

Just want to say Dave did a amazing job on my M&P Shield 40! New fiber optic sights and a trigger job, took it to the range the next day and put 50 rounds through it. 15 Yards all Center mass. Top notch gun smith!! Very fair price. Very nice guy.

Highly reccomend Dave Santurri in North Attleboro. Man has a lot of machinery and can do anything you will want to your firearm! Helped me with a rear sight on a firearm of mine. Didn't charge me. Still gave him $$. Not many people like this guy around. Full of information as well and will give you tips and ways to help you out in any way possible. Tucked behind Janitors' Emporium 580 Kelly Blvd North Attleboro. Look for black Honda civil. Might miss signs as they are small. If you went past Cataldo Automotive you went too far. It's the one door before the garage on the left of looking at garage with mailbox that says Santurri on it!

Last edited:
Highly recommend Dave! Have had him work on a few of my guns. Does great work and fast turnaround at very reasonable rates. I Dropped off at 2pm to mill a slide and mount an RMRcc. Next day at 8am calls that It’s all set and sighted in also!

He is the last man standing for gunsmiths in the area. I've used him and he is a savant but not getting any younger. Where is the next generation?1776 left town, Tim at Gartman took a straight gig, but Dave keeps going like the Energizer Bunny.

sadly, here in MA, there are no gunsmith schools, the pay is relatively low, and my guess is so is demand (relatively compared to other skilled trades). Also, I'm sure most kids aren't exposed to the existence of such a career.

I just did a quick google fu of the trade.. some good info, but definitely appears on the difficult side if you were a 20ish yr old kid looking to make it a career. Would be a great way for an ex-mil armorer to start a business though..

He is the last man standing for gunsmiths in the area. I've used him and he is a savant but not getting any younger. Where is the next generation?1776 left town, Tim at Gartman took a straight gig, but Dave keeps going like the Energizer Bunny.
I would love to get into gunsmithing but have no idea where to start. Mechanically inclined and have a general knowledge of the machinery used due to my father and grandfather being machinists. I know there are books out there for gunsmithing but I learn way better hands-on. I would love to get a firearms related type job but it's very hard to find in MA. I've been looking for a little bit now and haven't had much luck...

I need to get down there and drop off a 1911 for some work.

I used to work near there and it was pretty easy to run by before, after, or during work.

I would love to get into gunsmithing but have no idea where to start. Mechanically inclined and have a general knowledge of the machinery used due to my father and grandfather being machinists. I know there are books out there for gunsmithing but I learn way better hands-on. I would love to get a firearms related type job but it's very hard to find in MA. I've been looking for a little bit now and haven't had much luck...
Do you have a Dremel? If so you are half way there!

Had one experience and wont be returning. Went there for glass bedding and this was the finished product. Absolutely mind blowing that a gunsmith would bed right over the recoil lug (tikka action). Now the entire action sits torqued in the stock. Blue tape if from me attempting to smooth it out. Was told by the smith that if the action isn't perfectly lined up the front screw is a pain in the ass to get in??? Isn't the point of glass bedding to have everything line up as near perfect as possible, making full contact. He really missed the mark on this one. Embarrassed to have actually paid for this.

Bedding Fail.jpg

Wait... so now your Tikka is solely relying on the action screws for recoil management?

Last edited:
Wait... so no your Tikka is solely relying on the action screws for recoil management?

There is a tiny bit of the recoil lug protruding. Its a real bitch to get it lined up, results after glass bedding should be the exact opposite. And by no means should there be glass on top of the lug where it sits in the action.

Spoke to Mesa Precision, they were speechless after seeing pics. Offered to take the rifle in attempt to dig the lug out, grind out the bedding and start over.....not going to be cheap though.

Last edited:
Had one experience and wont be returning. Went there for glass bedding and this was the finished product. Absolutely mind blowing that a gunsmith would bed right over the recoil lug (tikka action). Now the entire action sits torqued in the stock. Blue tape if from me attempting to smooth it out. Was told by the smith that if the action isn't perfectly lined up the front screw is a pain in the ass to get in??? Isn't the point of glass bedding to have everything line up as near perfect as possible, making full contact. He really missed the mark on this one. Embarrassed to have actually paid for this.

View attachment 739058

That is horrendous and just plain stupid. Have you contacted him about the obvious issues with the quality of this work? I'd be trying to get him to give me a refund to pay someone else to fix it.

What the hell did they use for bedding compound? I've mostly seen and used jb weld and that should be a graphite color. That looks like epoxy resin or something

I heard a not so good story recently about a trigger job… not going to share as it’s not my story, it was ultimately made right, but should not have happened.

Spoke to Santurri this AM. He was friendly and offered to fix it. I declined and asked for my $ back, which he agreed to. All in all Dave seems like a very nice guy, unfortunate how this turned out but he handled it respectfully. The cerakote work they did was satisfactory.

Received a refund check which is great. Then received a call from Mesa Precision (stock maker) to tell me my stock is trashed an un-repairable due to how the recoil lug was bed into place. My $675 stock just turned into a $1350 stock. THANKS SANTURRI LTD!
Frustrated World Cup GIF

Update: Spoke to Santurri LTD again this afternoon to let him know the situation. We both kept it cool, zero confrontation on the phone and he offered to send me a check for what I have into the stock. While I am not pleased with how this all turned out there is no question Dave is a stand up guy. I have a lot of respect for a guy who can admit fault and offer resolution without unnecessary confrontation. My experience wasn't great, but Dave undoubtedly stands behind his work, good or bad. I think that says a lot about his business and him as a person.

Back
Top Bottom