Santurri Ltd - Gunsmith (N Attleboro, MA)

I had a few things done by Dave and was already a happy customer. And this latest just put cherry on top: I bought a Marvel 22 conversion kit for my 1911. It doesn't feed reliably. Dave tried a bunch of adjustments, as well as replaced the parts I brought along, but the frame just doesn't like the kit. I told Dave I was happy to pay for his time and he refused to accept any payment if things weren't fixed.

Working with Dave for the first time on optimizing a .223 for me...should have updates next week.

He has been very responsive.

Dave is a great guy to deal with. He did a trigger job on a pistol for me last summer, and recently did a conversion for me. He's got a lot of experience, which isn't easy to find. Don't hesitate to go to him.

Here is some more great feedback on Dave's work. I brought three AR uppers to Dave during the Holidays to pin and weld the muzzle breaks. Dave said "I will call you in a few days" but he called me the next day and said "come get 'em" the weld area was done extremely well and it was cleaner looking than a complete upper purchased from Larue Tactical and they know there stuff!! The day the uppers were ready I brought two of my treasured 1911's (a Wilson Combat and a Nighthawk Custom) for new fiber optic fronts sights and plain black rears. Picked up the 1911's today and they look fantastic and plan to try them out tonight before bringing two more to Dave for the same treatment.

It is really nice to have someone who performs such good work at a fair price and quickly!

Here is some more great feedback on Dave's work. I brought three AR uppers to Dave during the Holidays to pin and weld the muzzle breaks. Dave said "I will call you in a few days" but he called me the next day and said "come get 'em" the weld area was done extremely well and it was cleaner looking than a complete upper purchased from Larue Tactical and they know there stuff!! The day the uppers were ready I brought two of my treasured 1911's (a Wilson Combat and a Nighthawk Custom) for new fiber optic fronts sights and plain black rears. Picked up the 1911's today and they look fantastic and plan to try them out tonight before bringing two more to Dave for the same treatment.

It is really nice to have someone who performs such good work at a fair price and quickly!

He did the trigger job on the M&P I bought off another NES'r, very nice job indeed.

How much did he charge to pin/weld the muzzle brakes? When we get our group buy of barrels I'll have two to go, so I'd like some idea what I'll be paying for the job. Thanks.

He did the trigger job on the M&P I bought off another NES'r, very nice job indeed.

How much did he charge to pin/weld the muzzle brakes? When we get our group buy of barrels I'll have two to go, so I'd like some idea what I'll be paying for the job. Thanks.

He charged me $45 I believe, to pin the muzzle brake. I brought in my own though.

I paid $139 for Dave to pin and weld brakes on three AR uppers, so $46 and change for each one, one of them was an AR-10 so that may be why it was a couple of extra bucks. I was pleased with the results.

I can't say enough good things about Dave. His prices are more than fair and he does great work. I've had several projects done by him now and have always been pleased. If you need sights installed or need a 1911 built, talk to Dave.

I just had a trigger job done on an M&P 45c done by Dave Santurri. I brought it to him on Tuesday afternoon and he called me early Wednesday morning to let me know it was ready. I haven't had a chance to get it out to the range yet but just from what I can feel with a couple dry fires the trigger is a million times better than the MA stock trigger. He had the job done quickly and at a great price. Highly recommend him for anyone looking to get a trigger job done.

He rebuilt a S&W 686 for me swapping the barrel, performing a trigger job and cutting the cylinder for moon clips. Work looks better than what I buy out of the S&W Performance Center.

Best thing was he talked me out of unnecessary work I was asking for.

Chris

Made the 80 mile trip from Gloucester to have Dave work on my new Ruger Redhawk 44 mag. Did a great action job and put in lighter hammer springs. No more creep and its much smoother.

Real nice guy. He immediately began working on it after I arrived and called me 45 minutes later when it was done. He also showed me how to change out one of the springs if I want the trigger even lighter (using fed primers though). Chatted about reloading and guns etc and I was on my way home. Can't wait to shoot it!

Made the 80 mile trip from Gloucester to have Dave work on my new Ruger Redhawk 44 mag. Did a great action job and put in lighter hammer springs. No more creep and its much smoother.

Real nice guy. He immediately began working on it after I arrived and called me 45 minutes later when it was done. He also showed me how to change out one of the springs if I want the trigger even lighter (using fed primers though). Chatted about reloading and guns etc and I was on my way home. Can't wait to shoot it!

He's a very nice guy and does great work too.

I brought some guns to Dave. He works quickly and does a great job. While you wait! Unheard of! A great guy and charges reaonable rates. I will return for his services in the future. Highly recommended!

I talked to Dave a while ago about the trigger on a Shield and an Apex kit. He said if you are using it for CC then he will polish the internals and the trigger will be reduced to 5 - 6 lbs and you'll be very pleased, no Apex needed. Sure enough, he was right, no more 10 lb. plus trigger pull and it was done in a day for less than just the cost of an Apex kit! I'm estimating the trigger pull to be as he stated and it is very smooth too. If you want the pull reduced to 2-3 lbs., then get the polishing plus the Apex. As usual, another excellent job done by Dave!![thumbsup]

Well I always see new threads asking a question. Then I read the remarks of search for it. Well in this case my search was fruitful.
Len, thanks for the info he is in my backyard and I want some trigger work on my .45 shield.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I always see new threads asking a question. Then I read the remarks of search for it. Well in this case my search was fruitful.
Len, thanks for the info he is in my backyard and I want some trigger work on my .45 shield.

Dave is great, my Shield trigger is fantastic.

That’s good to hear. I’ve debated on just doing an Apex but I think it’s better for many reasons just to get a “trigger” job done

That’s good to hear. I’ve debated on just doing an Apex but I think it’s better for many reasons just to get a “trigger” job done

Almost all my M&P trigger jobs were done professionally before Apex was on the market. I have shot an M&P with an Apex job and prefer the professional gunsmith work.

I just looked at Apex's site for the first time in a very long time. The kits themselves are more expensive than what a professional gunsmith (G&N, Santurri, Greg Derr) charge and then you still have work to install or pay someone to do it for you. And the professional gunsmith will tune it to exactly the pull weight you want the first time so you don't have to tweak it.

Just one person's opinion (with 4 M&Ps).

Just did a rebarrel on a Lee Enfield for me. Overnight YEAH!

He was a tool and die maker and knows metalworking.

Good guy kinda hidden out back.

My gun crapped out on me two weeks ago on Sat. Drove over unannounced at 805. I was going to drop it off. Looked at it went and grabbed parts out of a box 15 minutes I was out of their and back at the range by 9. Dave is the best.

This man has skills. I just had more barrel work done. Dropped it Thursday ready Friday and for less than I expected to pay. He is always got some work in his hand and lots more on the bench.
He was filling in his bound book which looks like the library version of Webster's. It's big and filled. It is worth searching N Attleboro to find him.

Back
Top Bottom