• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Santurri Ltd - Gunsmith (N Attleboro, MA)

Thanks. I was just looking for a ball park cost. I would just bring him the gun and let him handle it. Not really sure what I need. Just want a light trigger pull.

I'd let you know if I knew :) My PPS cost more because it's a PITA so I know the M&P will be very affordable. Shoot him an email at [email protected] or give him a call at 401-726-1310 and he'll let you know how much and what you need for parts (if any). I'm not familiar with the M&Ps so I don't know if they need a replacement disconnector or if they just need the sear filed and polished. Probably just the latter.

How does a trigger job afect thre legality of it since MA requires a heavy pull.

That is only required for NEW guns. Once it's in your hands you can make it as light as you want. Some people say you shouldn't go under 4-5lbs if it's a carry piece though because it can be used against you if you have to shoot in defense. From what I understand, they can use it against you and try to prove you accidentally discharged the gun.

Great. Thanks for your time. I am going to buy a S&W Bodyguard 380 for carry. I will only buy one with a number starting with EAF or later. I am aware of the earlier issues.

Dave's price for the M&P has previously been quoted as $85.00. Current price might be a bit higher as that was a couple of years ago.

How does a trigger job effect resale value?

- Probably irrelevant as you likely will NOT want to sell it, you'll like it that much. [laugh]
- If you do resell, it is an added selling point, although you may not recoup the cost.

Legality?

- The idiotic law and AG Regs ONLY effect the "purveyors of handguns", not the "possessors of handguns".
- You are free to do as you wish with YOUR GUN.
- If you ever have to use a gun in self-defense, it is likely that the DA/PD/perp/perp's family will paint you as a sadistic killer/attempted-killer and use every tactic to do so. The trigger job will not be the worst problem you face in a case like that. The fact that you are still breathing will be used against you if at all possible. [thinking] [wink]

Thanks Len. I was trying to talk my wife into learning how to shoot it for home self defense. She told me to get an alarm. I told we have one, when someone is trying to break in the alarm goes BANG!

Thanks Len. I was trying to talk my wife into learning how to shoot it for home self defense. She told me to get an alarm. I told we have one, when someone is trying to break in the alarm goes BANG!

[rofl] [laugh]

An alarm is a good thing too, but you can't keep the alarm armed all the time you are home w/o ending up causing false alarms when you forget and answer the door, go downstairs, go into an area that is alarmed, open a window, etc.

Lately in my "safe town" there have been some daylight home invasions, at least one while the guy was in the bathroom (I'll bet he left his door unlocked) . . . and that thief was an armed bank robber to boot.

In order to practice and enjoy it, the gun has to be "shootable" and that is where a good gunsmith or an Apex system is invaluable.

Carver has had some issues lately, and there was a gas station attendant in "it doesn't happen here" Duxbury who walked up to the driver to ask how much gas he wanted to find a gun pointed at him.

Carver has had some issues lately, and there was a gas station attendant in "it doesn't happen here" Duxbury who walked up to the driver to ask how much gas he wanted to find a gun pointed at him.

Yup, that was about a mile from my house and my wife stops in that general store pretty much every morning on her way to work. I told my wife that it's the less common incidents like the one that happened there that make me believe that everyone should carry.

Dave is a wizard with machine tools and a real nice guy. He is quick, honest and charges a fair price. He has bailed me out on a couple of occasions. The shop can be a bit tricky to find, but worth the hunt.

I brought Dave my SA Garand becasue the trigger assembly was popping out when I fired it. He had a parade Garand there for some reason with a good T.A. He called the organization/guy and asked since his couldnt fire could we trade assemblies. The guy said sure. I had it back the next day and only cost me $30.

Stopped by the other day to have Dave look over a firearm. He was nice enough to check it out right then and since there was no problem sent me on my way free of charge. As someone else mention the place can be tricky to find as the door was hidden from view by a huge snow bank.

I just had a muzzle brake installed by him. He does excellent work and the turnaround was quick. Thanks Dave.

Was that you who came in with the AK muzzle brake? Actually I doubt it was you, because that person didn't recognize my very common firearm and I'm sure you would have.

Last edited:
Dave bailed me out once more. I showed up with a baggie of parts from my misadventure of removing the side plate and detail cleaning a very dirty Mod 66 revolver. I'll be damned if I could get that side plate back on. Anyway I decided if I had to go there to get a trigger job as well.

I want to add my kudos to Dave Santurri here.

I brought him a CZ-75B and a Colt Officer's ACP that both had function issues - the CZ had an extraction problem that the factory couldn't solve when I sent it to them, and the Colt had some feed problems. (You know it's bad when a 1911 won't chamber HARDBALL!)

Brought them in on a Saturday, got a call on Tuesday that they were done. I had him also smooth up the triggers and throat them to feed HP while they were there. Total cost was, IIRC, $225. Considering that shipping to CZ would have been nearly $70 one way, I feel that paying Dave to do the work was a very smart move since he did a very good job on them.

I've been using them for a while now, and they're both running great.

I will have no hesitation bringing further work to Dave. I'm glad that Greg at Precision Armament Werks recommended him to me.

Dave installed and pinned the break on my 338 edge..... Excellent work and turnaround was less than a day!

More of the same.....

Dave is a good guy, who does nice work at a reasonable price.
I have used his services more than once and always very happy with the results.

Back
Top Bottom