• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Santurri Ltd - Gunsmith (N Attleboro, MA)

Len-2A Training

Instructor
Instructor
NES Life Member
NES Member
Dave Santurri, Gunsmith moved from RI to MA.

He is located directly behind the building behind the Rat's shop.

Dave told me that he will NOT be selling anything, only doing gunsmithing. Dave only applied for an FFL as a Gunsmith thru BATFE. He currently has a MA State License as a Gunsmith (saw it in his shop).

Here's his contact info (I paid him a visit this afternoon):

Santurri, Ltd.
580 Kelley Blvd.
No. Attleboro, MA 02760
401-726-1310
[email protected]
www.santurriltd.com

Last edited:
When you say that he will not be selling anything? Does that mean that he's not going to build custom guns from the ground up?

When you were in there, did he have any cool things to display? I'm almost walking distance to him, so I really need to check him out.

He doesn't have anything on display. There is usually just a rack of customers guns depending on how busy he is. Sometimes the stuff he's working on is pretty wild. There are a bunch of example photos on the website. If you want to see anything in particular closer, just ask.

He still builds customs from the ground up. Best to call him if you want one built.

Last edited:
Dave will do custom guns. If you build one from scratch They will transfer through Ted Though. I just had him install new night sights, blacken a bushing and fix a non-functioning beavertail. He did the work in 3 day's, was very reasonably priced and it shoots to the same point of aim as the old sights. I am thrilled to say the least. Cause I too can walk to his shop from my house!

I took a 5 digit CMP carbine with a slightly loose swaged gas cylinder in to show Dave. He looked it over and told me it would be good for another 65 years. Didn't charge me a cent. I was very impressed. So I spent a lot of money at Northeast Trading.
Tinpig

Awesome job setting up the trigger on my Para 1640 for competition. 2# and breaks clean and crisp with a nice reset!

Last edited:
Dave did a trigger job on one of my N frames. The trigger pull on it was so bad it couldn't be measured with a trigger scale. I couldn't pull the trigger with the pad of my finger I had to jerk it with the joint of my finger.

I gave it to yesterday at 11am and he called me this morning 9am all finshed. The trigger is real smooth and 7 1/4 pounds now.

It's like buying a whole new gun. He did a great job.

David Santurri, Gunsmith

I just got back from David Santurri the gunsmith in North Attleboro. This was my second great experience with him since he's moved here.

Last Friday, I dropped off a 1986 5 inch, blue Colt government model that I had, with small original sights, that I couldn’t see and a collet bushing which I didn’t trust.

So I asked him to put a set of Novak low mount sights and to hand fit a new barrel bushing. He did a great job. Three day later and I have a old Colt with newly machined dove tail sights and a hand fitted bushing. Now my old eyes I can see the sights.

If you need some work done on any of your guns you really should go talk to David. He’s a wealth of information and really does nice work.

Last edited:
I had a trigger job done on my M&P 9mm compact. It's a new gun! It is great! I like the gun a lot now it got a good trigger. I droped off at northeast, because I couldn't get there when dave was open.Ted made sure he got it. If you buy a M&P don't even shoot it untill you get a trigger job you will not be happy at all. After the trigger is done it a great gun. Thanks again Dave, John M[smile][banana][smile]

Last edited:
Some most unfortunate news:

http://www.legacy.com/providence/Obituaries.asp?Page=Lifestory&PersonId=109852311

SANTURRI, LINDA M. (MARROCCO), 47, of Westcott Avenue, Cranston, died Wednesday, May 14, 2008 at the Philip Hulitar Hospice Inpatient Center, Providence. She was the wife of David Santurri. They were married for 26 years.

Born in Providence, she was the daughter of Elizabeth (Dordine) Marrocco of Cranston and the late James Marrocco. Mrs. Santurri was a teacher's assistant in the Cranston School Department for eight years. She was also an accounting clerk for the American Automobile Association for twenty years. Linda was an advocate for breast cancer awareness and an avid Boston Red Sox fan.

Besides her husband and mother she is survived by her children, Emily Santurri of New York and Jared Santurri of Cranston. Linda was the sister of James Marrocco of New York, Michael Marrocco of Warwick and Betty-Jean D'Alessandro of New York.

Funeral from the NARDOLILLO FUNERAL HOME, 1278 Park Avenue, Cranston on Monday at 9:00 a.m. followed by a Mass of Christian Burial at 10:00 a.m. in St. Mary's Church, Cranston Street, Cranston. Burial will be in St. Ann's Cemetery, Cranston. VISITING HOURS Sunday 4-8 p.m. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Home and Hospice Care of RI, 169 George Street, Pawtucket, RI 02860-9924 or The Gloria Gemma Breast Cancer Resource Foundation, One Wellington Road, Lincoln, RI 02865. Visit www.nardolillo.com for more information and online condolences.

I just wanted to post in relevant threads that Santurri's new e-mail is

santurriguns AT gmail.com

His phone number is still 401-726-1310 and it is usually the quickest way to get him. No computer in the shop and he is in and out to the range often.

Dave just did a trigger job on my M&P 45 and WOW! This thing is smooth and light! What a great job he did and he had it ready the day after I dropped it off!

Another bump for David Santurri.

Since my last post I've had him do trigger jobs on my M&P9 & my buddies M&P45, had him build my NES Caspian 1911, pin 4 AR15 barrel comps, and had one chamber cut from .223 to a 5.56.

David is "The MAN!". He is very easy to deal with and loaded with a TON of information.

I have used Dave's services on several occasions and found him to be honest and dependable and his work quick and professional.

Dave has worked on two of my firearms and had great prices and quick turnarounds both times. I highly recommend him and will continue to bring any gunsmith work I need his way.

I have an M&P 9 and may get the trigger done. Can anyone suggest a setting for it? About what does it cost and how does it affect my ability to resell and it's value?
Thanks

Dave did work on a Colt 1911 for me. Dave was honest and fair in his pricing I would use him again without any worries.

I have an M&P 9 and may get the trigger done. Can anyone suggest a setting for it? About what does it cost and how does it affect my ability to resell and it's value?
Thanks

Give Dave a call and he'll give you the price. He's not expensive at all and you can even order the part through S&W yourself if you want and bring it in to him when it arrives. The lighter disconnecter for my Walther was like $10 and Dave's price was shockingly low, IMO, because the PPS is a PITA to do a trigger job on. He's done a bunch of M&Ps from what I understand. As for value, it probably won't make a difference in it's monetary value at all but you'll like the trigger a whole lot more!

Thanks. I was just looking for a ball park cost. I would just bring him the gun and let him handle it. Not really sure what I need. Just want a light trigger pull.

Back
Top Bottom