• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sanity saver!

cjmass

NES Member
With all ranges now shut down I have been going nuts being unable to shoot and stuck in the house all the time. So, last night I dug out my trusty UMAREX Colt Commander 16 shot co2 bb pistol and set up an empty big screen tv cardboard box at the end of my hallway, with a piece of plywood inserted inside so nothing can penetrate it, taped a target to it and fired away from about 20 feet. Man, did that ever feel so good! The UMAREX Commander is an excellent 1911 trainer because it is steel and has heft similar to a real Colt Commander .45 and has the same 3 dot sights and controls for the safety and slide release. It has an ejectable metal magazine and also generates some recoil/blowback and the slide locks open on the last round. It is also quite accurate and reliable. Highly recommended therapy for anyone desperate to shoot. This UMAREX Colt Commander is a quality piece and they are available on line for about $100 or so and are well worth it...and much cheaper than seeing a psychiatrist!

I've been thinking about a Co2 powered BB/pellet pistol or rifle for quite a while, but never could decide on what to get. With my luck, I'd buy something and then would find out I was too late to the party and there were no BB's/pellets to be had! [laugh]

I bought this a few years ago. Made by WE and uses green gas or you can get an adapter and use the small propane tanks. Fits some holsters fine. I’ve been using it lately since I’m bored at home.
17442668-F87E-4561-AA9B-2DB1BE5F106F.jpeg
B8AD892B-341F-4D55-B366-42A67EBD96D5.jpeg

I have several that I shoot in the back yard when I don't feel like driving to the club. Not all the ranges are closed.

With all ranges now shut down I have been going nuts being unable to shoot and stuck in the house all the time. So, last night I dug out my trusty UMAREX Colt Commander 16 shot co2 bb pistol and set up an empty big screen tv cardboard box at the end of my hallway, with a piece of plywood inserted inside so nothing can penetrate it, taped a target to it and fired away from about 20 feet. Man, did that ever feel so good!
"So far have we fallen..."
All is lost when we have resorted to this...

giphy.gif

I bought this a few years ago. Made by WE and uses green gas or you can get an adapter and use the small propane tanks. Fits some holsters fine. I’ve been using it lately since I’m bored at home.
View attachment 346695
View attachment 346696

My 11yr old son chose the airsoft, green gas, tan 19X for his birthday last September. I bought him another new style magazine a week after (also tan)
I brought him to ARMY Barracks in Portland and while he was drooling over all the airsoft guns, I surprised him with "you can have ANY airsoft up to $200. I thought he was going to choose an AR platform.
Later with B-day money he bought a real Blackhawk holster, also tan. That pistol fits like a glove! Clicks in place with push button release. Its a sweet little rig.

He will charge up a magazine, but leave it empty, then place his thumb on the slide stop and shoot all through the house. The recoil is awesome.

RC

Thinking about setting up a little range in my basement. Thoughts on 6mm vs .177? I figure 6mm is safer (I used to shoot those in my college dorm room) but is it really inaccurate at 30ft out of a pistol?

i've been thinking about this thread since it first popped up. i live alone so wtf...i set up a target backstop and dragged out my vintage crossman .22 air pistol. good times, good times. what could go wrong, right?
transparency here..this is the gun but a poached photo from the air waves.

1588258096729.png

My dog, unfortunately, has episodes when he hears the c02 PST! PST! PST! out back even from inside the house. He really was shitting himself when I was doing baseboards and crown molding in the house last summer.

Back
Top Bottom