Sanford Maine Gun Show

I spent a couple of hours at the Sanford Maine Show at the Sanford Armory. This show is put on twice a year (spring and fall) by the Sanford Springvale Fish and Game Protective Association.

The show was a bit crowded, even early on, and the selection of firearms broke about one third tactical stuff, one third milsurps, and one third 'sporting' type guns. Ammo was still high, but not as it has been in the past months. I did not see a lot of military surplus ammo at all. There was one guy selling what looked like a personal collection of milsurps, including two Hakim rifles ($600ea) and Spanish Mauser (no price, didn't ask) and No.4 Mk I ($450)
At another table I saw a Russian SKS with the larger folding blade bayonet for $450, which I would consider a little high. Many tables were selling surplus beat up AK mags for $25ea and that is rather high since I can reliably get them at other shows for no more than $15ea.

There were some engraving vendors, some good knife vendors, (including one guy who make his own knives from scratch) and one guy who was dressed up to promote a WWII reenactor group.

I found it to be a relaxing couple of hours, even though I only bought a Friends of The NRA raffle ticket and a cup of coffee.

The show runs again tomorrow Sunday, March 21, 2010 from 9-3.

Marlin

Thanks for the report Marlin. I had wanted to go, but my six year old daughter got strep throat so I was home taking care of her engrossed in a Harry Potter marathon. :) I was thinking about going tomorrow, but after reading your thoughts I don't think I missed too much. I'm not in to tactical & military stuff, so maybe I'll just go fishing or shooting tomorrow instead. Thanks

It was nice to see prices starting to become real. there was still one vendor trying to sell a stag lower for $180.00 WTF three tables over they were 115.00. handgun prices are still up there no deals that i saw. hopefully the lewiston show next weekend will be better.

Back
Top Bottom