• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sandy Hook Advisory Commission report

just as i expected...zero academic research all agenda.

to even admit with this report that no research was done shows this commission is a sham...i love the part where they say "general welfare" is grounds to undermind the Bill of Rights...

post America

- - - Updated - - -

Cant read right now, does it state what type of AR15 was found in the trunk?

It was a Saiga

but they don't...

Requiring
registration, including a certificate of registration, for any firearm. This
certificate of registration should be issued subsequent to the completion of a background
check and is separate and distinct from a permit to carry.
Requiring the renewal of firearms permits on a regular basis. This renewal process
should include a test of firearms handling capacity as well as an understanding of
applicable laws and regulations

Instituting a ban on the sale, possession, or use of any magazine or ammunition feeding
device in excess of 10 rounds except for military and police use.

Prohibiting the possession, sale or transfer of any firearm capable of firing more than 10
rounds without reloading. This prohibition would extend to military-style firearms as
well as handguns. Law enforcement and military would be exempt from this ban

How Cute COPS get all the good stuff...Nope no agenda here none at all

Clearly an outcome driven report. It is only 16 pages long? Little to no citation? If you are going to issue a report you should at least back up you statements with hacks that your position. No legal authority analysis? Bogus.

So capability to fire more than 10 without reloading...so any modern firearm then?

**** that.

Does anyone ever ask these morons why LEO's should be exempt from these laws?

If 'weapons of war' need to be removed from our streets then put your money where your mouth is.
Disarm LEO's first. Think of how many family pets will be saved.

It's for shock value i guess...last friday leaders "took off the table" any magazine ban that did not include grandfathering...they are also discussing an expanded AWB with only 1 feature but not counting the pistol grip?....I am very curious as to how this ends up.....After listening to hearing last Thurs and talking with my state rep..a democrat...Too many democrats are saying no to any bill with a magazine ban or expanded AWB...i expect this is how it was written...i still expect something bad...just maybe a little less crazy

So capability to fire more than 10 without reloading...so any modern firearm then?

**** that.

By the wording, unless specifically exempted, a rifle like the 10/22 that kids learn to shoot on would be banned.

CT is suggesting much worse than NY. At what point would Colt, NSSF, Mossberg, etc. speak up? They know that the anti's will not be satisfied until all guns are banned.

Have you seen the hearing with the polices of Milwaukee, Philly, the fat little bald guy from Balitmore, etc. The police are "highly trained" and have much more experience. [grin]

I'd just like to point out that here in CT we still don't have any new laws. The antis keep talking a big game, but when it comes down to it they don't have the votes to pass anything despite a Democrat dominance in our state. We've had tremendous success taking advantage of public and committee hearings and people show up in droves to support guns here.

I give a less than 25% chance any new law on guns is passed here.

Last edited:
I dont get it. They say they use common sense principles then they admit that in 2011 that only 2 of the 94 gun homocides were commited by long gun or shotgun. However they found that those Homocides were related to large capacity. This commission just amazes me, the fact that a group of supposed adults can come up with reccommendations from 2 homocides across a years time.

**** that.

Remington 700, Mossburgs, revolvers, MOST (I think maybe all, but I'm probably wrong) bolt action rifles larger then .22 cal, shotguns in general, etc. etc. The list is pretty extensive that caan't shoot more then 10 rds without reloading. In fact, pretty sure the list that CAN is basically semi auto pistols, and semi auto rifles that have a detachable magazine.

If 'weapons of war' need to be removed from our streets then put your money where your mouth is.
Disarm LEO's first. Think of how many family pets will be saved.
plenty of cops have eaten their guns, killed others or tried to in CT. Dont forget the cannibal cop in NYC, he was ready to eat women. Yea I feel safe that they get their exemption while i have to walk around with a bag of revolvers.

Last edited:
Have you seen the hearing with the polices of Milwaukee, Philly, the fat little bald guy from Balitmore, etc. The police are "highly trained" and have much more experience. [grin]

On the other hand,, I can see the LEO need for high capacity magazines when they cant seem to hit the side of a barn in broad daylight. I guess its time to find a holster for the model 29, my high capacity will be in the powder department.

Last edited:
depressing but expected report. Shows how few evidence-based recommendations are being proposed.
they got one thing right... "The Commission believes that, defining an “assault weapon” by form ratherthan function has been ineffective." I can only hope that they will properly define "assault weapon" as a selective fire rifle capable of firing automatic. Dreaming perhaps.

Back
Top Bottom