San Luis Obispo Police Chief Loses Her Gun in Public Bathroom

I'm now wondering what the correct protocol would be if I go into a public restroom to take a dump, and discover a gun left there.

Taking the gun so I can bring it somewhere and report it found, or to find its owner, or whatever... obviously bad because the mere seconds I was in possession of it could be enough to claim that I appropriated it for myself and wasn't actually trying to give it back.

But, if I leave it there, someone could find a security video of me leaving the restroom and assume I took it, and then get my life ruined because of that.

I'm thinking now the best course of action would be to bring immediate and severe attention to the issue, so that no one can claim I tried to take it. I suggest bursting out of the restroom doors screaming as loud as you can "OMG!!! There's a gun!!! A gun!!!! Everyone there's a gun!!!!" then run out the entrance and don't stop running. This one worries me a bit too, and I'm sure the police are going to find out who I am and pay me a visit, but at least no one will claim I took it.

That's why restaurant managers get paid the big bucks. Their place, their liability; I'd spin right around, tell a waitstaff drone to grab the manager, and keep making noise until that happens. I want a credible eyewitness there, pronto, able to say I did NOTHING to even suggest I'd take the Chief's gat. Frankly, these days, I'm as afraid of the police coverup as anything else, and the way to combat that is to get more eyes involved, not less.

Sheesh. That we even need to think about this stuff...

Last edited:
You think this would have come to light if the other agencies involved were complicit?

Read the various articles and you can do the math and figure out how this got public.

I'm very familiar with the politics at play. It has nothing to do with the system as a whole, being corrupt. An innocent family had their home illegally searched and children kidnapped, and are still fighting that kidnapping. In an honest system, that wouldn't happen, and if somehow it did, wouldn't still be facing criminal charges and have their kids stolen.

But sure, it "came to light". Woopdidoo. Are the people who violated others rights and commited crimes in jail or facing charges? Nope. But innocent people are.

No, the system isn't "complicit". It's outright corrupt.

I'm very familiar with the politics at play. It has nothing to do with the system as a whole, being corrupt.

No, it has everything to do with the system as a whole being NOT corrupt. Read the news articles again. Look at who blew the story up. I won’t comment on anything that is not in the news, but it’s pretty clear from the media reports that “the system as a whole” was why this did NOT get swept under the rug.

Sad.

I’m very familiar with the city. I love it. But I’ll remember to keep my eyes away from the toilet paper when I pee at restaurants there.

Not that that helped the other guy.
It is a cool place. Too many college kids and liberals, but I guess they need their one little sanctuary in SLO county. Best farmers market around, and they have a Costco, and an awesome skate park.

No, it has everything to do with the system as a whole being NOT corrupt.

Lol. I'd admire you faith in our judicial and law enforcement system, as misplaced as it may be. That you think a scenario in which a police chief lost her gun, ordered the illegal warrantless search of the wrong person, and subsequently had the children of that person kidnapped, is a shinning example of an honest system, is baffling.

Lol. I'd admire you faith in our judicial and law enforcement system, as misplaced as it may be. That you think a scenario in which a police chief lost her gun, ordered the illegal warrantless search of the wrong person, and subsequently had the children of that person kidnapped, is a shinning example of an honest system, is baffling.
I think you misunderstood my point. HER actions were brutally corrupt and would never have seen the light of day until the rest of the system found out and did things the right way. She should be in prison - which I suppose is another flaw in the system. Story isn’t going away, though, not anytime soon.

What part of St. Louis is "Obispo"...?

iu

How come I never find a naked lady in my car?
Because if you did she'd almost certainly fall into either the categories of Meth Betty or Rosie O'donnell.
That being said this is one of those catch 22s where I hate hearing about taxpayers footing the bill for somebody else's mistake, but then in situations like this I can't not support somebody taking these corrupt AND inept fools to town for every bit they can.
listen-listen-listen-5c86d6.jpg

Back
Top Bottom