San Joaquin deputies investigate death of 11-year-old who fatally shot himself during online class

Reptile

NES Member
San Joaquin deputies have said the investigation is 'ongoing'
California deputies are investigating the death of an 11-year-old who fatally shot himself during an online class, according to reports.
Initial reports indicated Adan Manuel Llanos of San Joaquin shot himself during a Zoom lesson with his school. San Joaquin Sheriff's Office Public Affairs Officer Sandra Mendez confirmed the victim's name to Fox News as well as the fact that the investigation is ongoing, adding that "preliminary findings indicate this was an intentional act, not an accident."

Last edited:
Hmmm... disturbed kids who shoot-up a virtual school on Zoom before offing themselves on webcam. Sad.

But I’ll bet students experience much less PTSD than the real thing in a brick and mortar school shooting. If you see it on a LCD display, it’s far less real, as we’ve become desensitized to virtual violence, whether gaming, movies or the real thing on the news.

When my youngest was in middle school a classmate of her committed suicide. No gun involved but the result ids the same.

It sounds as if the father had all his guns locked up. Of course they will investigate to see who the gun belongs to.

if not the dad's guns which would only add to this tragedy then where did the boy get the gun?

Need to wait for more of the story.

Or abuse. Not saying that happened in this situation

That was my thought. A very good friend of mine from childhood days put a rifle in his mouth and pulled the trigger. I think we were like 16 maybe at the time. Turns out his father was beating him mercilessly on a regular basis and he just couldn’t take it anymore. f***ing awful. Anyone that does that to a kid needs to die a slow painful death.

That was my thought. A very good friend of mine from childhood days put a rifle in his mouth and pulled the trigger. I think we were like 16 maybe at the time. Turns out his father was beating him mercilessly on a regular basis and he just couldn’t take it anymore. f***ing awful. Anyone that does that to a kid needs to die a slow painful death.
Sorry and sad to hear. Rifle went into wrong mouth though...

I wonder if the incident is related to kids frustration with on-liner learning.
There is a facebook page for parents of kids in Nashua NH and they are fed up with the on-line classes. There are parents saying that their kids are crying and can't take it anymore. You simply can't plant a little kid in front of a small-screen laptop and expect the same results as in a classroom. Some teachers record a class ahead of time so no asking questions. Some kids simply do not have a quiet place to work. There is no Recess where kids can run around and play with other kids. Elementary school kids are having difficulty interacting with teachers and other students so get little or no help in issues they are confused about. The nember of kids attending these on-line classes lower than the no. of kids last year. Parents have yanked their kids out of school and are formally home schooling. parents who have kids that qualify for free meals are not signing up since the kids do not eat at school and the district is freaking out as they are losing the Federal funds that come with the free Lunch Program. Teens are not seeing their girlfriend/boyfriend and kids with learning difficulties are simply frustrated.

Sad. But would be just as sad and final if he hanged himself on webcam.

Sorry for my lack of empathy, but take the gun out of the mix. It’s just a tool. Don’t let the left use this to push gunz r bad.

Absolutely awful. There are tons of people that do suicidal gestures or act out for attention; I have little sympathy for that. The ones who truly try to (or do) kill themselves are struggling with things that most of have never experienced or will never understand. They do have my sympathy. I wish more of them would try to reach out for help, but sometimes they just don't know people would care.

Just fought with my kid's school. It took 3 months of meetings and arguments, but he's now going 4 days a week. Schools are empty Wednesday.
We'll see if he does better.
Too many distractions at home. They cant expect patents to sit behind their kid all day, even if they could, that wint work either. Like your boss standing behind you at work.

As it turns out, he wasn't the first 11 year old that committed suicide this year.

File this story under "Insult To Injury":

Sad. But would be just as sad and final if he hanged himself on webcam.

Sorry for my lack of empathy, but take the gun out of the mix. It’s just a tool. Don’t let the left use this to push gunz r bad.
While your correct. Its just sad. We can all agree on that. But yeah. Wasnt the gun

I wonder if the incident is related to kids frustration with on-liner learning.
There is a facebook page for parents of kids in Nashua NH and they are fed up with the on-line classes. There are parents saying that their kids are crying and can't take it anymore. You simply can't plant a little kid in front of a small-screen laptop and expect the same results as in a classroom. Some teachers record a class ahead of time so no asking questions. Some kids simply do not have a quiet place to work. There is no Recess where kids can run around and play with other kids. Elementary school kids are having difficulty interacting with teachers and other students so get little or no help in issues they are confused about. The nember of kids attending these on-line classes lower than the no. of kids last year. Parents have yanked their kids out of school and are formally home schooling. parents who have kids that qualify for free meals are not signing up since the kids do not eat at school and the district is freaking out as they are losing the Federal funds that come with the free Lunch Program. Teens are not seeing their girlfriend/boyfriend and kids with learning difficulties are simply frustrated.

Yup my daycare lady is in nashua we bring my infant over and her son goes shit house crazy because he has someone to play with. We're all glad for the interaction and lmao my little boy goes ape shit too but... its not right that kid should be out playing with kids his own age. Having fun with his friends its not healthy for young kids to be cooped like that

Back
Top Bottom