• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

San Francisco details criteria for CCW - and it's unreal

allen-1

NES Member
You think it's bad in MA, CT or RI?

Check this out -

Some highlights -
1680900038827.png

lol

Now can someone complete a 16 hour course with the firearm they are going to carry if they don't have a license to get that firearm that they want to carry?

Convoluted circular bullshit logic
If I remember correctly you can purchase pistols in the Commumist Republic of California without a LTC. But to be allowed to EDC/CC you must jump thru many more hoops as evidenced above.

On the other hand in San Francisco, if you pick up a gun, point it at a woman and and shoot her in the back, you don't get punished.
So, it seems the simplest course of action is to not get a carry permit in SF.

On November 30, 2017, after five days of deliberations, a jury acquitted García Zárate of all murder and manslaughter charges, and federal manslaughter and assault charges were dropped due to lack of evidence. He was convicted of being a felon in possession of a firearm, but that conviction was overturned on appeal on August 30, 2019.[2]

What the hell is wrong with that city? What the hell is wrong with that city? What the hell????????????!!?

Oh I see what happened there. It was a .40 caliber pistol, so the jury decided that the guy must have not been in his right mind.

No doubt this latest could increase the exodus of "normal folks" just looking to stay safe in thier homes...

A recent article from 10/22 on folks leaving that shytehole......A quote from it so you don't have to click and pay the SF Chronicle rag... (But link below for those who like the SF Maso/Sadi life... [smile]

Within the city of San Francisco itself, which comprises a large share of the overall metro, population changes during the pandemic were dramatic. The city lost nearly 55,000 people in a single year — more than 6% of its population — erasing a decade’s worth of population growth.

Keep it flowing I say... (to a point)...

Check this out -

Some highlights -
View attachment 740395
I wonder how many shrinks will be willing to sign off on a person not becoming the next serial killer/mass murderer?

You KNOW sooner or later somebody will pull a nutter and use their shrink approve gat to kill a bunch of people

Check this out -

Some highlights -
View attachment 740395
It's not as funny as you think. You don't need a LTC or equivalent to buy a handgun in California. No I don't agree with the CA psych test but at least they don't require a LTC like Mass simply to buy a gun. Also no license necessary to buy ammo.

It's not as funny as you think. You don't need a LTC or equivalent to buy a handgun in California. No I don't agree with the CA psych test but at least they don't require a LTC like Mass simply to buy a gun. Also no license necessary to buy ammo.
I moved from Connecticut to Georgia eight years ago. My perspective regarding gun laws has changed a lot.

Was at range today sighting in 3 rifles and a pistol. Ran into a friend there. Shot his suppressed 300 blackout sbr with subsonic ammo. No ear pro and all i could hear was the bolt cycling.

While we were on that range, (100 yd rifle), a man and his daughter joined us. She was somewhere between 6 and 9??? Shooting suppressed 223.

When I lived in NM, I did CCW classes there and this was before it turned hard left.
15 hr class with live-fire that needed a passing score. You had to pass with the caliber you would carry, but that was the max.
9mm? Can't carry a .40, so I'd bring a .45 revolver and semi (which covered .44 mag) for them to qualify with.
Different LTC for revolver and semi.

Added edit
NM also required that instructors must attend 8 hr in-service training once a year. These sessions were in different locations in the state, all about 2 hours from where I lived.
Drive 2 hrs, sit and listen for 8, get a meal, stay overnight, then drive home the next day?
For me it meant "no".
Back door method for eliminating instructors.

Last edited:
lol

Now can someone complete a 16 hour course with the firearm they are going to carry if they don't have a license to get that firearm that they want to carry?

No license required in CA to own a handgun. Don’t assume CA laws = MA laws.

Perhaps they need to cast a California glance towards rewriting criteria vis-à-vis voting laws.

San Francisco details criteria for CCW Voting.​

lol

Easy. It's a tax scheme- LTC is different than the license to own.

Get a license, pay more money, apply for license to carry.

I wonder how many shrinks will be willing to sign off on a person not becoming the next serial killer/mass murderer?

You KNOW sooner or later somebody will pull a nutter and use their shrink approve gat to kill a bunch of people

The libs will just change the conversation and pivot to somethign else. "You know if instead of just doing a psychological examination, we did some experiments on harm instead". Remember the Stanford prison experiment in CA and the Milgram experiment at Yale (test to see if people were willing to inflict harm on another person) were both dreamt up in liberal sh*tholes.

Yes it would appear the license only allows you to carry that specific firearm listed. Isn’t NY also stupid like this?
NY's handgun ownership license lists the serial number of each handgun you own- if you want to buy another one you have to make the decision and put the gun on hold with the dealer then get the license modified to include the serial number before you can pick it up.

In RI you must qualify with the maximum caliber (size) of handgun you would carry. So if you qualified with a 38, the largest diameter bullet gun you could carry is a 38. No CCW of a 40 or 45.

Most instructors would have you shoot the qualification with a 45- so you could carry up to a 45 caliber weapon- which covers almost all handguns you would normally consider carrying. In theory if you qualified with a 45 you could carry a 44 Magnum, because 45 > 44. Don't ask for logic, it's RI firearm laws.

Back
Top Bottom