• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

San Francisco Chronicle manipulates photos?

C-pher said:
Yea, that's a pretty cool article. It does make you wonder...I bet they learned their reporting style from Michael Moore.

+1 They should make you get a license to be a journalist. If you doctor photos, print mis-leading information, or false information your license gets pulled.

derek said:
C-pher said:
Yea, that's a pretty cool article. It does make you wonder...I bet they learned their reporting style from Michael Moore.

+1 They should make you get a license to be a journalist. If you doctor photos, print mis-leading information, or false information your license gets pulled.

Uh... and who regulates that? The Federal Government?

Say it with me now, boys and girls: Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Much as I dislike what the press does and how it manipulates the news to it's own ends, you'd have to repeal the first amendment or modify it... and I'm kind of fond of that amendment... especially (as a minority) the first part.

I pretty much agree with Ross on this.

I'm not fond of regulating the First (or Second) Ammendment of the Constitution. Of course, there should be recourse against blatant Lies and Misinformation, just like there's laws against Murder and Rape.

If the non-agressive act of open carry can get a person arrsted and charged with disturbing the peace, then the non-agressive misinformation published in a wide circulation should result in the same.

Equal treatment under the law.

Not that I think either is right, but just to demonsrtate the degree of bias.

I'd be interested to see if today's "social study" classes at all make an attempt to explain the profit motivations of the mass media when teaching young people how to interpret their 'news'. I doubt it.

"It is my belief that there are 'absolutes' in our Bill of Rights, and that they were put there on purpose by men who knew what the words meant and meant their prohibitions to be 'absolutes'."

Supreme Court Justice Hugo L. Black

+1

Ken

Back
Top Bottom