Sam's gonna need some help

Sam F from Chelsea just left here with his 600 pound lead keel.

It took us nearly an hour to get it into the back of his SUV.

He's gonna need some help getting it OUT.

If there's anyone down that way that could help Sam, I'm sure he would appreciate it.

Springs and shocks seem fine, as does the rear of the car. I believe the weight was spread out enough and centered enough not to stress things too much. Wouldn't want to do it too often, though! Amazing the utility of a small wagon. I grew up driving VW squarebacks, and we used to move refrigerators (and everything else) in them. Can't haul what you can in a p/u, but usually you can get the job done.

Seems to me you could have used the back of the Suby as the melting pot. Just make sure you parked on an incline so the molten lead would pour out the back.

Duke, is that a baby chunk of the one that landed onn your foot? If so, what was the tradeoff?

Just curious and realize you are under no obligation to answer me in any way, shape, or form due to my busting gonads whenever the opportunity presented itself.

Sent from the Hyundai of the droids, the Samsung Replenish, using Tapatalk.

No, this is a totally NEW chunk of sail boat keel.

You'll miss me when I move to FL.

Duke, is that a baby chunk of the one that landed onn your foot? If so, what was the tradeoff?

Just curious and realize you are under no obligation to answer me in any way, shape, or form due to my busting gonads whenever the opportunity presented itself.

No, this is a totally NEW chunk of sail boat keel.

You'll miss me when I move to FL.
Maybe so but SemiAutoSam will have a new buddy.

Why would you leave a place where summer lasts a whole 3 weeks to go where winter is 2 weeks long?

Working on gator boolits?

Ready to retire.
And, the place we have in FL suits me fine.

I can set up my reloading classes there, there's an excellent gun club a mere 15 minutes from the house, etc...........

I'd rather swap A/C for hauling wood to feed the wood stove.

I'm always working on boolits.

I suspect you won't use as much propane getting things up to temp.

Back
Top Bottom