• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Salem police shoot a man threatening suicide

did anybody hear about this? didn't see it.

"SALEM — An apparently suicidal man armed with a knife was shot multiple times by police yesterday morning, according to the state attorney general's office.

Police arrived at 155 S. Policy St. at 10:37 a.m. yesterday, after receiving a 911 call about a man who was making suicide threats at the address, Senior Assistant Attorney General Jeffery Strelzin said yesterday."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW-UYWAwkvg&feature=player_embedded

http://www.eagletribune.com/latestnews/x1733408715/Salem-police-shoot-man-threatening-suicide

discuss

not that Im doubting the cops here....but isn't this exactly what tasers were meant for?

I've never seen a cop in MA carry a Taser, unless they were working for a Federal agency. (I remember noticing one on a National Parks Service Ranger and thinking it was odd, as I'd never seen one carried in MA). I think the ban on their sale doesn't provide an exemption for police officers.

ya something is screwy here, I agree with the taser remark or maybe those were left out of the budget this first quarter. anyways, I think that if the man doesn't survive there will be some more in depth internal review, or at least I would like to believe.

Tasers are illegal in MA, even for police. Departments have to go through a certification process in order to be authorized to equip them. Not sure if Salem has such authorization, but most department do not.

haha no I was being sarcastic, I saw a cop in the mall just yesterday the do visibly wear them tasers on opposite hip. but, "who oversees the overseers"

Tasers are illegal in MA, even for police. Departments have to go through a certification process in order to be authorized to equip them. Not sure if Salem has such authorization, but most department do not.

The salem chief is anti #1 of everything. He'd disarm his own police if he could, nevermind give them the next worse thing to guns....aahhhh!! electricity!! He'll probably give them all snap-caps after this one.

The salem chief is anti #1 of everything. He'd disarm his own police if he could, nevermind give them the next worse thing to guns....aahhhh!! electricity!! He'll probably give them all snap-caps after this one.

I wonder some days, ok every day, where the crap that comes out you on this forum comes from.

What proof do you have he is anti everything? He has only been on the job a year.
The previous chief was there for over 20 years.
So far the new chief really has not done much of anything AND I LIVE HERE.

I wonder some days, ok every day, where the crap that comes out you on this forum comes from.

What proof do you have he is anti everything? He has only been on the job a year.
The previous chief was there for over 20 years.
So far the new chief really has not done much of anything AND I LIVE HERE.

You live in salem and are on a gun forum? I was under the impression that salem hasn't issued carry licenses in.....quite a long time, from an uncle that lives there and has been dealing with an FID for 15 years. Oh that's right....you're one of the gun people online that doesn't own any guns hahaha. Your restricted neutured fid with your preban ar7 22 right? lol, if you live there, why are you on a gun forum? Just curious. I know there's a few out there. Like the bikeys without a bike, or the hot rod guys with a minivan, or the gun guys without a gun. You're from salem....essentially that's the equivalent to boston....just on the north shore, when it comes to gun law. Next you're going to tell me you've had an unrestricted in salem since you were 4 because your family built the town hall with lawn gnomes and mountain trolls, so you've got an "in" with the chief. Salem is anti, we all know it.

Last edited:
You live in salem and are on a gun forum? I was under the impression that salem hasn't issued carry licenses in.....quite a long time, from an uncle that lives there and has been dealing with an FID for 15 years. Oh that's right....you're one of the gun people online that doesn't own any guns hahaha. Your restricted neutured fid with your preban ar7 22 right? lol, if you live there, why are you on a gun forum? Just curious. I know there's a few out there. Like the bikeys without a bike, or the hot rod guys with a minivan, or the gun guys without a gun.
haha what the heck. I live in the salem and ccw every day, legally

You live in salem and are on a gun forum? I was under the impression that salem hasn't issued carry licenses in.....quite a long time, from an uncle that lives there and has been dealing with an FID for 15 years. Oh that's right....you're one of the gun people online that doesn't own any guns hahaha. Your restricted neutured fid with your preban ar7 22 right? lol, if you live there, why are you on a gun forum? Just curious. I know there's a few out there. Like the bikeys without a bike, or the hot rod guys with a minivan, or the gun guys without a gun.

WTF dude.

There are no problems with getting an LTC-A in Salem. NONE!
Took 30 minutes with the officer to fill out the app online and done. No references, no letters, no dna test like some of the towns!
Anyone that wants one gets one.

They just issue a Target & Sporting restriction unless you own a business in town or carry large amounts of cash.

No problems with owning anything.

I applaud the chief for restricting any relative of yours. You have proven time and time again on this forum you are retarded.

Wait, which Salem is this? I saw references to Massachusetts and Boston in the article, but I just re-read it and I see the shooting is going to be investigated by NHSP.

None of us were there, (I think). The article is incomplete, (as most articles tend to be). If you present yourself to law enforcement with a weapon - any weapon, in an aggressive manner - expect to be shot. It would be all warm an fuzzy if they had a nice softy net gun for this idiot, but alas - they showed up with guns. Big woop. It's pure conjecture, but if I am armed with a gun, baton, mace, taser and a fist or two and someone comes at me with a knife, guess what?

WTF dude.

There are no problems with getting an LTC-A in Salem. NONE!
Took 30 minutes with the officer to fill out the app online and done. No references, no letters, no dna test like some of the towns!
Anyone that wants one gets one.

They just issue a Target & Sporting restriction unless you own a business in town or carry large amounts of cash.

No problems with owning anything.

I applaud the chief for restricting any relative of yours. You have proven time and time again on this forum you are retarded.

[rofl][rofl]

None of us were there, (I think). The article is incomplete, (as most articles tend to be). If you present yourself to law enforcement with a weapon - any weapon, in an aggressive manner - expect to be shot. It would be all warm an fuzzy if they had a nice softy net gun for this idiot, but alas - they showed up with guns. Big woop. It's pure conjecture, but if I am armed with a gun, baton, mace, taser and a fist or two and someone comes at me with a knife, guess what?

Pew pew pew!

I am also confused, Salem NH, or Salem MA?

haha what the heck. I live in the salem and ccw every day, legally

You're from salem NH einstein. I'm talking salem MA. Jesus christ...do you really think I'm that retarded? Plus, salem has no say over your ccw...it's state issue....which makes me wonder if you actually own a firearm....you'd know that

Back
Top Bottom