Salem, MA - Police brutality plan foiled

http://www.wcvb.com/news/men-arrested-in-salem-planned-to-shoot-police-authorities-say/41017242

Two men arrested in Salem Monday night are accused of plotting to kill police officers, according to the Essex District Attorney's Office.

Authorities said Kelvin Mendoza and Emanuel Rodriguez Shonyo were pulled over and arrested Monday night.

The DA's Office said the men had a police scanner in the car along with large capacity firearms. Investigators believe the men were looking to kill police.

15 minutes old...hopefully not a repost.

What!? They were looking to kill police!? That's all there is to this story? Wow this is terrible journalism. Very scary if true... even scarier if these men had no intention of harming anyone. I've got a police scanner app on my phone and am certainly not looking to harm anyone, police included.

"The DA's Office said the men had a police scanner in the car along with large capacity firearms. Investigators believe the men were looking to kill police."

Its not totally uncommon for me to listen to the police scanner if I'm bored. I've never thought about not doing it on the way home from the range. Surely this isn't the only issue here.

"Salem Police Capt. Conrad Prosniewski told Patch that police found a large capacity rifle and a pistol, and that one of the men was using a Salem police scanner app."

http://patch.com/massachusetts/sale...legedly-plotting-kill-police-officers-reports

Then of course there is this piece of filth:
http://www.fox13memphis.com/news/tr...ing-to-kill-police-in-massachusetts/415779704

Last edited:
Yeah, there's definitely more to this story. One of them must have shot his mouth off to someone who then tipped off the cops.

If they were looking to kill police, then good job getting them off the streets. If it was just a couple guys on the way home from the range, then might this be the first strike in Healey's copycat decree enforcement scheme?

There aren't any details in that article at all.

"Two men were arrested after allegedly acting in a threatening manner towards police officers in Salem, according to the Essex County District Attorney.
Police said the pair were suspected of drug activity and a search of the car turned up the rifle with a magazine in it and no trigger lock."

Ummm.... What did they actually DO?

See a rifle in the back, suspect them of drug activity, immediate lock up. Awesome police state we live in.

The big question here is just what was the "high capacity rifle and pistol" that was found. For the pistol, I could imagine a Glock with a 15 round magazine. It's the rifle that could be a problem. If it is of the type that the AGO has said is a banned weapon, could they become the first test case for their side?

This doesn't look like a good first test case. Bi-polar guy with a unsecured high capacity rifle in his back seat with no trigger lock and a magazine in it?

If they wanted to kill police why didn't they kill the police that they had available?

And the trigger lock. Is that a new thing where a trigger lock in a car would make it more legal?

I should try reading the article.

If he was diagnosed with bipolar disorder shouldn't the NCIS pick that up and pull his ltc if he had one? Isn't that the purpose of the background check? How about focusing the attention on the mental health system in America and help people who really need it.

If he was diagnosed with bipolar disorder shouldn't the NCIS pick that up and pull his ltc if he had one? Isn't that the purpose of the background check? How about focusing the attention on the mental health system in America and help people who really need it.

I believe that you must be committed to an in patient facility for a minimum of ten days to trigger the NICS flag but I could be misremembering.

Police said the pair were suspected of drug activity and a search of the car turned up the rifle with a magazine in it and no trigger lock.

I infer from this that they used "suspected drug activity" as probably cause to search the vehicle. The journalist must have forgotten to mention the drugs that were found during the search.

IANAL so I could very well be way off base, but if happened the way the article said, these guys will be free to go because of an illegal search.

I infer from this that they used "suspected drug activity" as probably cause to search the vehicle. The journalist must have forgotten to mention the drugs that were found during the search.

IANAL so I could very well be way off base, but if happened the way the article said, these guys will be free to go because of an illegal search.

I would not consider those news stories reliable or complete sources of information. I'd also be willing to bet the search was consented.

Its a horrible part of salem. I'd e bet my exwifes life on it hat they were just out for a drive and forgot the 40 underseat and the AW in back seat!

Authorities said Kelvin Mendoza and Emanuel Rodriguez Shonyo were pulled over after they were seen driving the wrong-way on a one-way street.

How is it that these 'criminals' always get pulled over for making stupid 'mistakes' like this?

- - - Updated - - -

Dude, keep that kind of logic to yourself. Thought crimes are serious business.

I hate to admit that you're right. We all need to be careful what we say these days. How's this free speech thing working out for you guys? Me? Not so much

Authorities said Kelvin Mendoza and Emanuel Rodriguez Shonyo were pulled over after they were seen driving the wrong-way on a one-way street.

How is it that these 'criminals' always get pulled over for making stupid 'mistakes' like this?

- - - Updated - - -

I hate to admit that you're right. We all need to be careful what we say these days. How's this free speech thing working out for you guys? Me? Not so much
Most criminals are not exactly Rhodes scholars. If you live part of your life as a mess ie drugs, gang, diddler. You will usually live your whole life as an *******. The junkie will typical drive like a mess, won't pay their insurance, forget to register their cars ect. What big time murder was caught when he got locked up for dumpster diving? The simple stuff gets the attention because they do dumb shit 24-7.

Police scanner and firearms are crimes? sounds like my Dads truck 20 years ago..
It is illegal in NY to have a radio in your vehicle passenger compartment capable of receiving police transmissions.

Literally read, this makes smart phones illegal if the police radio app is installed.

I want to see photos of the guns. Also like to know if they were licensed (hope they're not!)

From the article:
The DA's Office said the men had a police scanner in the car and that neither defendant had a license to carry those weapons.

Back
Top Bottom