Salem MA now Sanctuary

VTski4x4

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
"The crime rate in Salem is considerably higher than the national average across all communities in America from the largest to the smallest, although at 35 crimes per one thousand residents, it is not among the communities with the very highest crime rate. The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in Salem is 1 in 29. Based on FBI crime data, Salem is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to Massachusetts, Salem has a crime rate that is higher than 96% of the state's cities and towns of all sizes."

The5thDentist

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
"The crime rate in Salem is considerably higher than the national average across all communities in America from the largest to the smallest, although at 35 crimes per one thousand residents, it is not among the communities with the very highest crime rate. The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in Salem is 1 in 29. Based on FBI crime data, Salem is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to Massachusetts, Salem has a crime rate that is higher than 96% of the state's cities and towns of all sizes."

WOW! I had no idea it was that bad. The stabbings and whatnot used to be mostly contained to the old French part of town [*nb this occurred after the Canadian French moved out].

I was there last April for Jury Duty, and I was impressed that a good section of the town from downtown to the Beverly-Salem Bridge was looking pretty good. I never would have guessed that under that pretty veneer is a pretty rough town.

Palladin

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
WOW! I had no idea it was that bad. The stabbings and whatnot used to be mostly contained to the old French part of town [*nb this occurred after the Canadian French moved out].

I was there last April for Jury Duty, and I was impressed that a good section of the town from downtown to the Beverly-Salem Bridge was looking pretty good. I never would have guessed that under that pretty veneer is a pretty rough town.
rapidly (within the past 5yrs) turning into a shithole.

VTski4x4

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's going the way of Lynn, and actually catching up in terms of violent crime.

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Salem moonbat government is probably hedging on gentrification but there's probably too many slumlord operated 2 and 3 deckers that would have to die first. [rofl]

-Mike

rudiewhitebwoy

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
True Story; My son-in-law travels a lot for work. The Monday before Halloween his flight was delayed @ LAX so he had been sitting at the terminal for some time. He had struck up a conversation with a group of people waiting for the same flight to Logan. They were dressed up in costumes and were very excited to be in Salem for Halloween. Knowing my son-in-law was from Massachusetts one of the group asked him if he’d ever been to Salem. My son-in-laws response was “Not on purpose”.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
We live a town away from Salem and I finished my degree at SSU 3-4 years ago. I can assure you that it is a s-hole and I don't voluntarily go there...lol.

Dadstoys

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's taken a nose dive in the last 10-15 years.
There are parts of town you have to wonder if your in the states.

Top Bottom