• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Saiga

Yes and I wish I bought one when they were $400!! Last I checked, no one had them in stock. Has that changed?

You are probably better off trying to buy one online and have it shipped in. According to the saiga forums as soon as they come in they sell out. So many factors are affecting the price right now as far as availablity, people freaking out about the shotgun study and Sons of Guns has been giving some publicity to them too.

And this is how the stock market works also. Rumors, speculations, predictions, eclipse of the moon, or, I just want one no matter how much it costs.

I wish I'd bought a couple dozen HK94s when they were $500. Of course, I could barely hold the thing at the time.

Even Mosin M44s are 3 times the price they were 3 years ago.

Here is what Classic Arms sent me last week regarding Saigas

In this blast we are concentrating on all things Saiga.

Here is the inside scoop as we understand it. The importers have told us that the B.A.T.F. has commissioned a study on the allowance of the continued importation of Saiga Shotguns. The stumbling block or controversy if you will, seems to be that these have become so popular to modify, and accessorise,that they may no longer fall within the "intent of the laws" regarding shotguns. As of now, as long as the weapons are 922r compliant, marked properly, and not full auto, then they meet the legal guidelines. However, since they accept high cap and drum mags that are currently on the market, and are convertable to pistol grip configurations, etc.,there is a concern about the ongoing importation of these firearms. The importers have also told us that no further form 6 import permits are currently being approved to bring these firearms in.
Evidently the Russians are fairly convinced that these firearms will soon be banned from importation and as such have raised the prices dramatically in order to make hay while the sun shines.
We are not politicians, and certainly don't know how this will ultimately shake out. However, we do know that these are high quality shotguns, they are cool as an Eskimoes toes, and as long as you want them, and we can get them,
we will try to provide them.
Here is a head start on what we can currently offer.

Who knows if thats real or not. It could really be BATFE, or it could be the importer blowing smoke so they can jack the price up by $100 next time a few shipping containers of those things land in the US.

-Mike

Here is what Classic Arms sent me last week regarding Saigas

In this blast we are concentrating on all things Saiga.

Here is the inside scoop as we understand it. The importers have told us that the B.A.T.F. has commissioned a study on the allowance of the continued importation of Saiga Shotguns. The stumbling block or controversy if you will, seems to be that these have become so popular to modify, and accessorise,that they may no longer fall within the "intent of the laws" regarding shotguns. As of now, as long as the weapons are 922r compliant, marked properly, and not full auto, then they meet the legal guidelines. However, since they accept high cap and drum mags that are currently on the market, and are convertable to pistol grip configurations, etc.,there is a concern about the ongoing importation of these firearms. The importers have also told us that no further form 6 import permits are currently being approved to bring these firearms in.
Evidently the Russians are fairly convinced that these firearms will soon be banned from importation and as such have raised the prices dramatically in order to make hay while the sun shines.
We are not politicians, and certainly don't know how this will ultimately shake out. However, we do know that these are high quality shotguns, they are cool as an Eskimoes toes, and as long as you want them, and we can get them,
we will try to provide them.
Here is a head start on what we can currently offer.

I read the study, and I read the proposed import reg, and the Saiga would still be importable under the proposed Regulation. I think distributors are blowing smoke.

Only time will tell. Look at what happened with WASR's a while back. They were going for $800+ and then the hype ended and they came back down in price.

Back
Top Bottom