• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

saiga 9mm carbine

jcetto0351

NES Member
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...9mm-and-civilian-ak-107-with-balanced-recoil/

Saiga is coming out with a 9mm AK variant that I'm sure ma**h***s won't be allowed to own but I am still very excited!!!

Izhmash's interim CEO Alexander Kosov has announced at a press conference that the company is developing a civilian version of the AK-107 complete with its famous balanced recoil system. They will also soon be releasing the Saiga-9, a Saiga carbine chambered in 9mm NATO. These guns may be displayed at the IWA Show in March next year.

Also the AKM-107 will be imported. I don't know all that much about the new recoil system but I want one and will trade my future first born for one when they become available!!

It looks like Izhmash is getting back on track. Civilian sales are up 84% and they are planning to increase civilian production to 60-70% of their total small arms output. 83% of their guns are being exported to the USA. The company plans on introducing two or three new products into the market each year.

balanced recoil mechanism is to improve grouping in full-auto.
casual semi-auto shooter will not see much benefit of it if any at all. exception being when you sending lots of lead down the target really fast. but let's face it at current cost of ammo, how many people do that? and let's not forget bump-fire - that should help it to be sightly more accurate too.

nevertheless very exiting to me from engineering point of view. there has been not much info about famous balanced recoil mechanism so far, short of few pics that get published and re-published online over and over....

Last edited:
Would it aggressive enough to help with failure drills? i.e. multiple two to the chest one to the head? Or is it pretty much a FA feature?

i don't think it would. main aim of this was to double grouping of that AK74 at full auto at the average combat engagement distances, which 200-300 yards

Last edited:
balanced recoil mechanism is to improve grouping in full-auto.
casual semi-auto shooter will not see much benefit of it if any at all. exception being when you sending lots of lead down the target really fast. but let's face it at current cost of ammo, how many people do that? and let's not forget bump-fire - that should help it to be sightly more accurate too.

nevertheless very exiting to me from engineering point of view. there has been not much info about famous balanced recoil mechanism so far, short of few pics that get published and re-published online over and over....

I will be particularly interested if they bring it to their larger offerings - it'd be cool to see what happens to .308 with a balanced recoil setup.

Back
Top Bottom