saiga 12

The one I saw does not has a pistol grip, is it something can be done easily, and especially legally in the state of MASS?

You can convert but a pistol grip would not be legal. You'd have to use a thumbhole stock of some sort. Out of the box S12's can be anywhere from totally reliable to needing some work to get them to function properly. There is a pretty good aftermarket for them though so you can find just about anything to dress it up differently or help with the reliability. Don't pay too much for one either. The prices had gone really crazy for them a while back but the buying frenzy has subsided some and you can still find some for decent prices if you look.

Wha is a reasonable price for a brand one these days, the one I saw was at $900 range.

I've seen price as high as $850 during the inventory shortage and ban scare, but the inventory for Saiga 12 seems to restore/recover. I have seen more vendors have saiga 12 in stock. Price is still as high as $800. If you can find a new one for $700'ish, I think it's a good price.

I asked MFL on facebook but I don't see my post now. It was right after they said trust us. Now that's funny.

Last edited:
In mass, semi shot guns can only have one "evil feature". Which include a pistol grip stock (like on an AR 15), a folding stock/ adjustable stock, a mag capacity beyond 5 rounds, forgip?, and having a removable magazine. (may be one or two that i forgot). So since it is factory imported with one evil feature (removable mag), then no other features can be added, legally. Which also makes ten round mags illegal for. Now you can get thumbhole stocks that are similar to that of a dragunov sniper rifle, but they are pretty over priced and i don't think they are very comfortable.
http://www.mass.gov/dfwele/dfw/education/hed/hed_gun_laws.htm

Back
Top Bottom