• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Saiga 12 Questions

Hello Everyone

I have seen a few Saiga 12s at gunshops recently and was wondering if you can have the "converted" style with pistol grip set up like an AK in Mass? Are there pre and post ban versions of these shotguns? I have done some searchs online but didn't turn up much usefull information. Thanks in advance.

Randy

Last edited:
Thanks for the links Oilspill. Still wondering if there are preban versions of these shotguns that can be converted. Or if they can not be converted in the same way as an AR-15 thats preban can have more than 2 "evil" features. This is my first foray into any autoloading shotgun so I'm still learning.

Randy

There is no such thing as a pre-ban Saiga 12.
You can convert the saiga. Move the trigger forward & install a thumbhole stock but no independant pistol grip because of the detachable magazine. "thanks Mass".
Also technically the 10 round mags are illegal in Mass as well. Not to own but to use.
What are you looking to do?

Hello Everyone

I have seen a few Saiga 12s at gunshops recently and was wondering if you can have the "converted" style with pistol grip set up like an AK in Mass? Are there pre and post ban versions of these shotguns? I have done some searchs online but didn't turn up much usefull information. Thanks in advance.

Randy
You can not (legally) have a pistol grip on a semi-automatic shotgun with a detatchable magazine in MA.

The detachable mag constitutes your one evil feature.

There are also some issues to consider with 922r compliance (basically requires five U.S. made parts in the rifle) when converting.

also you might try researching the Saiga 12 forum http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php??

ETA: you can still put a pretty cool MA. compiant S-12 conversion together though...http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...GA-12-Conversion-MA.Compliant-EBSG?highlight=

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom