Saiga 12 mags

richc

NES Member
If anyone is interested I saw some of the big mags for the Saiga 12 in stock at Collector's Gallery in Stoneham.

Didn't notice any other Saiga mags, except the 12 gauge for $50. They also had some M1A mags in stock.

Rich

????

What's the problem with having shotgun magazines over 5 rounds...??????

Post #12 in that thread:

C 140 S 131M: "No person shall sell, offer for sale, transfer or possess an assault weapon or a large capacity feeding device that was not otherwise lawfully possessed on September 13, 1994."

C 140 S 121: "'Large capacity feeding device',
(i) a fixed or detachable magazine, box, drum, feed strip or similar device capable of accepting, or that can be readily converted to accept, more than ten rounds of ammunition or more than five shotgun shells"

The 94 AWB, which we still live under here in Mass.

OH....sorry for my confusion....OK, that clears it up...it's just a Massachusetts specific thing to worry about....

I was trying to figure out what the problem was with having a shotgun magazine having more than 5 rounds....it didn't make any sense, as the only problem really is trying to insert the loaded 12 rd magazine if you don't have the Saiga-12 Bolt hold-open.....

Man..I'm SO glad I don't live 1 1/2 miles south of where I live now....

now if I could only find a Bayonet to fit my Saiga-12....

No, my mistake. I did not realize you were in NH. You can forget all I said.

Only us unfortunate MA 'subjects' need take note.

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I am interested in a saiga. Is there such a thing as a pre ban hi-cap mag?

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I am interested in a saiga. Is there such a thing as a pre ban hi-cap mag?
There were no Saiga's of any model imported before Sept 1994, so I don't believe there is any chance that you will find any. You'd have to find some foreign mags that you can prove were MFG'd before the Fed AWB.

There were no Saiga's of any model imported before Sept 1994, so I don't believe there is any chance that you will find any. You'd have to find some foreign mags that you can prove were MFG'd before the Fed AWB.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought it was on them (LEO) to prove that they were not...

Anyone want to be test case [rofl]

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought it was on them (LEO) to prove that they were not...

Anyone want to be test case [rofl]
I'm not sure. The only ones I have seen both factory and aftermarket have been unmarked. I don't think the aftermarket 8,10,12, and 20rd mags/drums really came about until recently. There might be some factory 8rd mags that have the LEO/GOV stamp on them though.

Back
Top Bottom