• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Saiga 12 gauge

MagnumAl

NES Member
I am considering buying one of these beauties. However, I cannot tolerate the recoil on a 12 gauge pump action. I am told the semi-auto 'nature' of this gun reduces its recoil significantly.

Experiences? Not theories, but trigger time experiences please! Thanks!

My 107lb fiancee had no problem shooting one! Granted it was only birdshot, but still!

It's not bad but it does have some kick. Nowhere near a standard pump shotgun though.

Before you throw away your pump shotgun, try a Knoxx stock on it. Makes a world of difference.

Saiga=Fun
I shoot slugs out of mine almost exclusively. Recoil is less than a pump and I don't find pumps that offending.

When I shot a saiga 12 a while ago I don't remember the recoil being that bad..

Mine was ok with the 19" barrel, gonna be a different story with a 10" barrel though. [thinking]

I'll let you know when its outta the shop. [smile]

The "nature" you speak of is the reduced felt recoil attributed to the moving semi-auto action. In a pump, nothing moves after you pull the trigger; you take all the recoil to the shoulder.

After shooting many hardball rounds through my M91/30, I don't believe I'll complain about recoil on any shotgun ever again. [rockon]

ETA: Sorry MagnumAl, you want experiences:

I've never shot a Saiga, but I've shot a Mossberg semi-auto with 3" slugs. A thick recoil pad helped keep the bruising down, but follow up shots were tough.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom