• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

SAI M1A

Personally, I would not buy a current Springfield. Their parts are made off shore and the going feeling in the M14 community is that most of the trigger group parts should be changed out along with the extractors.

I don't know about the current Springfield synthetic stocks but the one I had was very flexible. Most recommend swapping out for a USGI fiberglass if you don't want wood.

If I were to buy a new rifle, I'd buy a Rock-Ola from James River. In fact, I just received my receiver for my next build which will be with an HRA parts kit, USGI Walnut stock and a few minor upgrades. It's getting a Sadlak spring guide and TiN piston and I made an M25 gas system for it.
over 5k rounds through my springer, no issues yet (knock on wood)

I see them all the time when I go to Four Season's in Woburn. In the next year or two I plan to get an M1A Scout, already started stocking up quality 20rd mags.

I was shocked to see so many listed when I looked as with the lower prices.

There was one I bid on that went for $1200 new. I didn't realize that even though I bid the Buyit Now option was still available even though my max bid was technically for more (buyit now 1199.99, my max bid was 1200.00). Tried to save $30 bucks and cost me an extra $50. Oh well live and learn.

Can't wait to get out and shoot this guy tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom