Delete

bostonelli

NES Member
Anyone ever do this? Suggestions? Good / bad?

Saw one for sale on the forums and maybe the ol walnut (although I love the nostalgic look) could use a Sage ebr.

Does this require any custom fitting or are these drop in chassis?

I did one about 5 years ago and it was drop in no mods required just had to pin the stock to be legal in MA. Shot great still a heavy gun and was about as accurate as any m1a but was cool as hell. Sold it after a few years and it went to Alaska.

Anyone ever do this? Suggestions? Good / bad?

Saw one for sale on the forums and maybe the ol walnut (although I love the nostalgic look) could use a Sage ebr.

Does this require any custom fitting or are these drop in chassis?
You are probably talking about mine, what do you want to know? They are drop in for the most part, bolt together around the barreled action.

Could get the scope a tad higher though,
The rail on the M1A is a pain, you can either run something on the rail way forward or you need a cantilever mount to put a scope back and over the action/bolt where you need it - that is a Sage mount as it was pretty much the only game as the little rail mount thing for the M1A doesn't fit once you put it in the EBR chassis. I think that scope was on a LaRue QD quick detach Scope Mount which was pretty low profile.

The rail on the M1A is a pain, you can either run something on the rail way forward or you need a cantilever mount to put a scope back and over the action/bolt where you need it - that is a Sage mount as it was pretty much the only game as the little rail mount thing for the M1A doesn't fit once you put it in the EBR chassis. I think that scope was on a LaRue QD quick detach Scope Mount which was pretty low profile.
The LaRue LT-608 QD is the mount they made for the EBR chassis.

One thing I always meant to look into, but never did, was the mounting design of the stock. I remember reading that it was the same interface as a Remington 870, which would open you up to all sorts of neat folding mechanisms that could make for a lighter overall rig.

Back
Top Bottom