• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Safety Bullet - you can't make this stuff up!

Anyone else think of this immediately?
bulletbill_cg.jpg

Looks more like a safety cartridge than a safety bullet. But I am splitting hairs.

But, as others have said, what a dumb ass idea. The people who leave loaded guns around for their three year olds to play with are the same people who won't be buying any kind of safety device for their firearm, "safety bullet" or other.

so if you have to rack the slide anyway, why not just leave the chamber empty. Why do I need to buy this?

You'd be better off just leaving the chamber empty. Pulling the trigger on an empty chamber still gives you the opportunity to rack in a round. Doing so with this stupid thing leaves you with the opportunity to throw your gun at the bad guy.

But, but, but its just.... common sense! The Safety Bullet!.... [rofl]

I love how they describe the levels of safety... You get two levels when you have one safety bullet in the chamber, one at the top of your mag. You merely have to remember to rack twice. If, in the heat of the moment, you forget and only rack once, your gun is basically jammed and you are defenseless. I am sure that they will sell a ton of them...

Ive been on the video, mocking it for its sheer dumbassedness. seriously, jam a rod down the barrel, bang on it and then clear it? Dafuq?

The Third Level:

One Safety Bullet® in the Chamber and the entire magazine loaded with Safety Bullets®. Keep another magazine loaded with real rounds next to your gun so it can still be made ready to fire quickly.

jesus....[thinking]

Aquia Arms and Ammuntion copy of an email sent to me 8-18-11

Mike,

I know I am not telling you anything you don't already know, but I tested a pair of .40 S&W Safety Bullets in a Sig Sauer 250C. The SBs fed, extracted and ejected flawlessly. I then fired a round and it locked up the action. It was easily cleared using the dowel and I then fired the second round. It also locked up the action or, to use your terminology, turned it into a paperweight. It's not that I didn't believe your promo literature, but I wanted to "see for myself" so to speak. You have a good product here and I will be proud to be marketing it

so you tested this in an optimum environment - ie, you were wide awake, not nervous at the sound of some ******* in your home at 2AM, lumbering up the stairs and ready for a fight. Yes, yes, sign me up for this!!! I have SEEEEEEN THE LIIIIIGHT MY BROTHAAAAS!

The people stupid enough to buy this fully deserve to render their gun useless in a high stress scenario. Who thinks to rack the slide before firing? If you are in a situation where your life or the lives of loved ones relies on the use of a gun adrenaline isn't going to let you think and plan your actions out: Your instinct is going to say "point and shoot" not "is this gun a paperweight if I pull the trigger".

This may be one instance where I would agree with the PSGWSP label because stupid should hurt.

This is incredibly stupid in several different ways.

It commits you to having both hands dedicated to your firearm;
(think flashlight, door, telephone, steering wheel, defense)

It forces you to download your magazine.

It delays time to first shot, "microseconds" <= I call BS.

It diverts your attention at a critical time.

So many fails here...

this would work so well in a revolver "See, it doesn't work!"

...BLAM!

Actually they did test it in a revolver in one of the demos and it will indeed lock the cylinder too! Either way, as others have pointed out it is another solution searching for a problem, except this one can get you killed. Imagine a scenario where some scumbag home invader busts in at 0 dark thirty, you grab for your bedside gun, and pull the trigger, forgetting to rack the SB out of the chamber, and the action completely locks up! You say "Hey badguy, can you hold off killing me for a minute while I find that damned ramrod to clear my chamber?"[laugh]

I think this could work. Your assailant will be so busy laughing at the look on your face as you remember you had recently installed a Safety Bullet[SUP](tm)[/SUP].

This will give you time to kick him in the nads, insert the unblocking device, cycle the action and shoot him.

Back
Top Bottom