• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

"Safe" Gun Options for Children in the Home

I was married to a woman who made me get rid of my guns. I resented the hell out of her for that, and resented myself for relenting. Then after she stabbed me I understood her strategy and divorced her. Worst ten years of my life. My wife now is pretty liberal but leaves our safety decisions up to me and enjoys shooting.

jeezus where did she stab you? if you had your guns during that time I can only imagine what she would have said about you...glad you got out of that situation

Some of the suggestions were silly. Sometimes we all feel that way (have a car that makes a weird noise get rid of it). In a nutshell we have made an agreement if a baby comes a long a more advanced quick action safe will be brought. Vs. The safe I have now meets the legal gun storage requirements of Massachusetts. The whole issue has been resolved no one wants to take my guns but the government gun grabbers.

I think the storage law in Massachusetts is ridiculous. I think selling every gun with a trigger lock and letting the individual owner decide how to store their firearm in MA would be enough.

I love the 3913 and I have decided to not swap or sell it for a more "modern" fire arm. The only issue I am having is finding OWB holsters for it. I'll start a separate thread on that.

Last edited:
Well good for you, glad you worked it out with your honey.

I really don't think anyone here wanted you to just outright dump her, but given the description in the original post, it sounded like she was trouble. I haven't been here very long, but you have found a great site with great people who are fierce defenders of their rights. Some of the responses may have seemed silly, but a lot of the guys on here are just sick and tired of having had their rights "compromised" away without any say-so. I am too. Remind her that a gun is just a tool. It all depends on the user. And it's much better to have one than need one and not.

Good luck to you two.

Back
Top Bottom