SAFE act compliant AR15

It is damn ugly but great idea around their terrible laws.

"Features like adjustable stocks, pistols grips, and flash suppressors has been deemed to be unlawful on these rifles, mainly because it makes them LOOK mean." Probably one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.

new-ar-15-design-is-compliant-with-new-yorks-safe-act.jpg

It's not much different looking than the CA legal model that's been out there since 2007:

riflesfull.jpg

http://www.lee.org/blog/2007/04/23/fully-legal-ar-15-in-california/

Frickin hilarious if some genius came up with a revolutionary new style of semi auto to satisfy the SAFE act, then it became like the AK 47 of the 21st century.

It is damn ugly but great idea around their terrible laws.

"Features like adjustable stocks, pistols grips, and flash suppressors has been deemed to be unlawful on these rifles, mainly because it makes them LOOK mean." Probably one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.
Actually, banning the features was just an excuse to ban a large number of guns, without banning semiautos completely. First the federal AWB allowed only one "feature," then the NY State ban allowed none, plus added things previously not considered evil features. It's basically a "boil the frog" approach, with the eventual goal of getting rid of them all.

We manufacture a NY-SAFE compliance part, the Hammerhead AR-15 stock adapter. This has been on the market in California since 2009. At $29.99 delivered it is one of the least expensive ways to keep your rifle off Cuomo's confiscation list. In a bad situation it's good to have some choices, and until NY-SAFE gets overturned, our product allows the New York shooter the broadest choice of how their featureless rifle will look.

MAGPUL_RAINBOW.JPG

Available in several popular colors matching Magpul furniture color.

IMG_7465C.JPG

TYPE_I_NYS.JPG

IMG_7454C.JPG

F123-TYPE-2.JPG

Typical NY-SAFE configurations

Attachments

• IMG_7454C.JPG
    IMG_7454C.JPG
    14.8 KB · Views: 62
It would be so refreshing to hear the homeland sec. Chief say the same about ar's as he did about illegal aliens.

" They are here and they are not going away".

so live with that fact.

keep playing that game, and they will work you down to a 1 shot mag.
for the win.

Last edited:
Fugly as it may be, if it pisses Coumo off ,its a good thing.
I just noticed, in the comments section of the article, someone had a great idea.
Name it the Coumo model. [rofl]

Last edited:
We manufacture a NY-SAFE compliance part, the Hammerhead AR-15 stock adapter. This has been on the market in California since 2009. At $29.99 delivered it is one of the least expensive ways to keep your rifle off Cuomo's confiscation list. In a bad situation it's good to have some choices, and until NY-SAFE gets overturned, our product allows the New York shooter the broadest choice of how their featureless rifle will look.

MAGPUL_RAINBOW.JPG

Available in several popular colors matching Magpul furniture color.

IMG_7465C.JPG

TYPE_I_NYS.JPG

IMG_7454C.JPG

F123-TYPE-2.JPG

Typical NY-SAFE configurations
Sorry, I was under the impression (from your website) that only the last configuration, with the buttstock inverted, was NY-compliant.

ETA: no, after rechecking Exile's website, you can mount the buttstock either way. (sigh, always dangerous to rely on memory...)

Last edited:
The good thing about this is that it will force the gun-grabbers to go full on ban and wake some folks up.

Yes, these my eyes, when functionally they are identical - they just look different than the 'EBRs'.

The good thing about this is that it will force the gun-grabbers to go full on ban and wake some folks up.

Yes, these my eyes, when functionally they are identical - they just look different than the 'EBRs'.

That's what I was going to say, maybe this will show the Fudds the anti's will keep going and going

Not the prettiest thing in the world, but it gets around their AWB I guess. Good for them. I bet with time they will start coming up with more sexy looking designs that aren't too far off from the original. You basically have a standard rifle stock, just with some 'material' removed.

Eugene Stoner is rolling over in his grave.

Stoner would probably acknowledge that necessity is the mother of invention. He's rolling in his grave due to what this country has become. That, and manufacturers painting ****in' skulls and zombies on his design.

No criminal would want to have their reputation ruined by using such an ugly weapon. The good news is that 1% statistic should drop. Sleep well everyone.

Back
Top Bottom