Safariland vs bravo concealment

Just wondering if anyone out there has had experience with these two holsters? I have bravo concealment's bca holsters for my glocks, and was looking into getting into the safariland als system. After looking through pics, and videos I cant seem to distinguish if the profile of safariland is as concealable as bravo concealment? To me it looks a bit bulky, even the holsters they have available under their "concealment" category. Any input would help, thanks in advance.

No... The ALS system for the most part is less about concealment, and more about retention. It can be concealed, but not anywhere near like a purpose designed concealment holster. I have both, and use the ALS for carrying to court, or classes. The addition of the hardware required to secure the gun is pretty antagonistic to concealment.

I have both. Bravo conceals great. I use their torsion and bca almost every day. Safariland not so much. The retention on it is good though if you’re going for that.

The ALS system is great for rigorous training, duty, and if you want to open carry. I guess it really comes down to what are you actually trying to accomplish? If you look at concealment vs. retention it's pretty simple. As you get away from concealment, you should be ramping up the retention. I don't ever run any type of retention when concealing.

The ALS system is great for rigorous training, duty, and if you want to open carry. I guess it really comes down to what are you actually trying to accomplish? If you look at concealment vs. retention it's pretty simple. As you get away from concealment, you should be ramping up the retention. I don't ever run any type of retention when concealing.
I'm realizing that I can't have the best of both worlds now. My bravo concealment fills the duty of the concealment aspect, I'm still going to pull the trigger on the als. I do intend on using it for training, and when I am not concealing..thank you for the input.

I use my Safariland ALS holsters for classes, I don't think I could conceal it unless i was dressed like this.

MV5BMTc5MDgwMDYxMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDQ3MDczNzE@._V1_UX477_CR0,0,477,268_AL_.jpg

Back
Top Bottom