• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sad Story - What would you have done?

Friend of mine is a doorman. He and the others were involved in a "customer removal" a few weeks back. 6 guys. Two weeks later, they see him coming out of the club and going to his car. Follow him. Beat him terribly. Kick his teeth out...the whole nine yards.

If you were armed, and six attackers approach (similar to that richmond video a couple years back) what would you have done?

Lay off the "he shouldn't have walked back alone...blah blah...he knows he made a mistake.

Whats the legal standard or precedent here?

I just wanted to hear other peoples opinion. I have mine...but I won't poison the well.

Depends on if I was armed or not. No weapon? Retreat at the quickstep, discretion being the better part of valor. Armed? I'd have pulled and shot dead the first MOFO to be in front of my barrel... If the other 5 still had any bad intentions, well, that's what the spare magazine is for.

I'm asking because they were unarmed....and we live in MA. He ran. They caught up...Cell wasn't an option

Feel terribly. This kid is an honest, hard-working guy. ALWAYS diffuses situations. Calmer head. You should have seen him, guys. broke my heart. They kicked his molars out...never seen that.

I'm asking because they were unarmed....and we live in MA. He ran. They caught up...Cell wasn't an option

I don't care what the tools in the DA's office think. 6 on 1 is a life-threatening situation, whether or not the attackers are armed. If anything, this makes the case for carrying whenever possible. Besides, I never was much of a runner...

Does the kid know who they are? Can he get video or receipts from his employer? Are they regulars there? Known associates? Sounds like these guys need to be taught a serious lesson, the kind that requires some time in a Hospital and Physical Rehab after...

Last edited:
I would have gotten the poop kicked out of me because MA doesn't give out Class A permits to non residents, I would then file suit against the state of MA to pay for my medical expenses, hookers, and blow.

Thanks M1911.

He thinks he knows who they are. He doesn't want the police involved. Says "I want to be left alone".

If it does not report it he has no proof when it happens again. Dont be afraid to report this stuff. And also if he doesnt have an ltc this will surely give him a good reason in the eyes of the chief of his town cause you can show him those police reports.

"Disparity of Force" written all over that situation.

.... “Disparate Force” is another variable to consider, related to the “Ability” criterion above. Disparate Force indicates that specific factors or skills are considered when evaluating the “Ability” or the “means” criteria of persons in a shooting. Disparity of Force is defined as a situation that any reasonable person would conclude places you at an overwhelming disadvantage in your effort to protect yourself against immediate and serious bodily injury. Recognize that there is no law about disparity of force. It is merely an argument which is used to justify ones actions for using deadly force against a person who is usually unarmed. Each situation, state, jurisdiction, and the individuals involved have their own different variables, considerations, factors, and assessments vis-a-vis judges and juries. ....

LINK: http://www.usacarry.com/self-defense-shooting-disparate-force/

Last edited:
Unfortunately if he had been armed and "protected" himself his future would have been a lot worse than had he taken the beating. One can always argue he could have been killed but in this case he was not and would have had a hell of a long expensive road to proving otherwise had he been armed. What would I have done you ask......hope I never have to answer for real, but hypothetically I think a few shots at their feet and if they keep coming....Lord help me.....

If it were me they would have gotten a dose of my super hott pepper sauce until it ran out. Class A license to carry, restrictions: no conceal carry. Even though I don't live there anymore, it's good to know they still know what's best for me. Thanks BPD! Seriously though, "I was approached by six individuals and I was in fear for my life" the end. Whatever it takes to keep living, do it.

sucks. unfortunately calling the cops is not the most reliable path to justice. this is a life lesson for sure

if he was not killed but knows who they are, then their lives are in his hands. no reports and no paper trail, right?

sounds like it would have been justified to use force.

I don't care who you are, 6 on 1 is not going to end well for you. Do what you have to to ensure your own safety. Sounds like he is lucky to be alive and use of deadly force would have been justified.

If he has some quaint notion of payback, it's playing with fire. What he does have in a red town is serious justification for an unrestricted LTC if the event was very recent. Yes, like previously stated, obvious disparity of force.

He has an enemy out there who could kill him next time. Time to get the police involved before he does something stupid because in street justice scenarios all too often the good guys end up in jail because they are good guys and don't know how to game the system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom