• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sad day for USMC: Marine Corps eliminating its elite scout sniper platoons

Reptile

NES Member

Diversity resulted in the inability to do mathematical computations by certain Marines so they are shit canning the MOS for equity.

called for the “immediate transition of Scout Sniper Platoons to Scout Platoons” meaning that infantry battalions will no longer have sniper attachments, but instead ADVISERS who will “provide the commander with relevant, reliable, accurate and prompt INCLUSION AND DIVERSITY information.”

[rofl]

I don't understand why they think this is a good idea.
Equity...

You cant have equity when there are "elite" snipers about.

Don't worry, under the new laws, a Marine can get trans surgery after enlisting now.

Any port in a storm.

What happens in the Fox Hole stays in the Fox Hole.

A hole is a hole, amiright?

Ah, the old fight racism with blatant racism trick!

MISSION​

To attract, identify, mentor, educate and develop high-performing Marines from historically underrepresented populations in order to provide them an opportunity to visualize and pursue an officer career path, infusing the officer corps with different life perspectives and enhancing the Marine Corps' warfighting advantage.

Reads like a parody.

Don’t worry.

They are dropping the swim competency requirement for equity, too.

Cuz Blacks can’t swim either.

I just cant wait to see what growing up in a dysfunctional environment brings to the table for warfighting! Imagine the gains! Who needs to groom the best when we can groom people who otherwise would not be selected! [rofl]

It's actually one of the main reasons I left the guard. Replace black/minority with female. If you have a vagina in the army and you don't hit E5 in 3-4 years it's a travesty. They would hand out E5 to woman for diversity reasons like it was going out of style. They got to the point where they promoted 2 females who were AT LEAST 30lbs overweight and not passing PT. that's when I had enough. I wasnt changing MOS's to claw for E5 f*** that.

Good! The more woke the military goes the better my chances of becoming a successful warlord when the sh*t hits the fan.
tumblr_otlxx10KBX1thuopmo1_500.gif

The whole redirection/reorg. of the Marine Corps makes sense on paper if we're preparing for War with China. The MC pretty much did the same thing in the 30's because of the threat from Japan, started training in amphibious warfare and island hopping while the US Army deteriorated while the US tried to stay out of war in Europe.

The whole redirection/reorg. of the Marine Corps makes sense on paper if we're preparing for War with China. The MC pretty much did the same thing in the 30's because of the threat from Japan, started training in amphibious warfare and island hopping while the US Army deteriorated while the US tried to stay out of war in Europe.
The Marine Corps was started as snipers. The whole reason for a Corps was to pick off enemy officers. None of this makes sense.

The Marine Corps was started as snipers. The whole reason for a Corps was to pick off enemy officers. None of this makes sense.
Your logics and histories have no place here. Only purple hair and rubber dicks. Now off with you to eat your rationed cricket sandwich while we take all of your rented items from you for daring to say anything that makes sense at all.

In the past the officers had no liking for snipers. They felt that they were strange, that they could go out and eliminate a person and pass it off as just a job. Until the late 70's the sniper was an assigned duty, not an MOS. General Wilson had the scout sniper designated an MOS.

I'm guessing the Marine snipers are not something you need, until you need them, and then you need them NOW.
At best, a short-sighted move.

We are so screwed! We just lost WWIII in the name of DEI bullshit.

I mean, come on. If we lose WWIII, it won't be because the USMC has no snipers at battalion level.

My read is that the snipers are being retained at higher echelons, then sliced down to the battalions. The MOS is being renamed. I take that to mean that existing snipers will still be snipers, but they'll be grouped together in Recon Battalions. Then, presumably, BN commanders can request teams as attachments for specific missions; the snipers won't be organic.

I don't know enough about Marine MTOE to know what effect that will have. It will probably result in less flexibility for the maneuver commander, but not necessarily.

Your logics and histories have no place here. Only purple hair and rubber dicks. Now off with you to eat your rationed cricket sandwich while we take all of your rented items from you for daring to say anything that makes sense at all.
Please don’t tell me Gen Berger is part of the WEF…..

I mean, come on. If we lose WWIII, it won't be because the USMC has no snipers at battalion level.

My read is that the snipers are being retained at higher echelons, then sliced down to the battalions. The MOS is being renamed. I take that to mean that existing snipers will still be snipers, but they'll be grouped together in Recon Battalions. Then, presumably, BN commanders can request teams as attachments for specific missions; the snipers won't be organic.

I don't know enough about Marine MTOE to know what effect that will have. It will probably result in less flexibility for the maneuver commander, but not necessarily.
You remember from NCO school, “for want of a nail a shoe was lost, for want of a shoe a horse was lost…” ? These are the stupid tactical decisions that cause lost battles.

You remember from NCO school, “for want of a nail a shoe was lost, for want of a shoe a horse was lost…” ? These are the stupid tactical decisions that cause lost battles.

They could. Or, as soon as a Real War happens, the Marines can do what they've always done and reinstate scout-snipers.

I'm thinking that if I'm a Marine company commander, and I anticipate a need for snipers, I'll make sure to request a team or two BEFORE the operation I'm planning. What does it matter to me whether those guys get their mail from my BN HHC or some Recon Battalion? If I've done my planning, and the gunners show up, I'm good to go just like I was before.

Could this be a problem? Sure. Could it not? Sure. We don't really know. We're just freaking out because that's what NES does whenever anything in the military changes.

Back
Top Bottom