• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

SA 35 or FN Highpower

Hi,

Has anyone seen or heard much about either of these yet?

Thanks

The springfield got good reviews and is kind of like a slightly modernized hi power. But it can still use pre-ban mags, which is definitely a bonus here.

I’ve heard people having issues with the first batch of SA35s past 600-800 rounds. The finish on them is cheap, and they scratch easily. I’d get the FN myself.

Last edited:
You can find an old FEG copy for relatively short money, and it'll work just as well as the real thing. Great finish, too.

I have a 1983 Belgian BHP. The bluing is beautiful. One of my favorite pistols.

Last edited:
I've done a cursory amount of research and heard the same thing. Pretty neat guns

It was my "starter BHP," because the FNs didn't used to come up for sale all that often in MA. I found mine for $350 at a time when a genuine BHP would run, say, $7-800. Nowadays you can find a beater FN in that range (I just did, in fact), but Belgian guns in good shape are generally closer to $1k.

I don't know what a FEG runs now, at least not in MA. I still have mine, but since I got my Inglis a few years ago I don't shoot it much anymore.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom