S&W, Wilsons in Licensing Deal

Smith & Wesson, Wilsons in Licensing Deal

I see no mention of holsters (which is what I was expecting), or non-"sportsmen", non-military/police clothing. Seems odd since Wilson's is a consumer leather company. I guess they are branching out into police/military area. I guess it makes sense to piggyback on S&W to do this.

Last edited:
I see no mention of holsters or non-"sportsmen", non-military/police clothing.

That is because it is a clothing company and will make leather coats with S&W TM or Logo.

http://www.wilsonsleather.com/home/index.jsp?cid=

This is very similar to the licensing they did for the pool cue company year before last. It is a very good way for marketing to get the name out in the public.

This is one reasomn the stock has gone from .90 per share to over $12 per share in 18 months.

Regards,

I see no mention of holsters (which is what I was expecting), or non-"sportsmen", non-military/police clothing. Seems odd since Wilson's is a consumer leather company. I guess they are branching out into police/military area. I guess it makes sense to piggyback on S&W to do this.

Damn!! when I first read this I thought "Wilson Combat" and S&W were making a deal. Bummer...

-Cuz.

Wilsons inks deal for Smith & Wesson line Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal

Wilsons The Leather Experts Inc. has signed a licensing agreement to develop and market a line of jackets and accessories for gun maker Smith & Wesson Corp.

See? They say "accessories" in the same sentence as S&W. That is what made me think there might have been some holster stuff.

Then, you read the article and see this:

" He also said Brooklyn Park-based Wilsons (Nasdaq: WLSN) does not expect to begin selling leather gun-holsters.

"It's just so specialized and the return can be so limited," he said. "It takes us just one step farther from our core competency." "

See? They say "accessories" in the same sentence as S&W. That is what made me think there might have been some holster stuff.

I totally understand. If you know who Wilson Leather is you then find out the "Accessories" they talk about are Wallets, hats, brief cases, gloves and other types of mens accessories.

I am not saying S&W will not affiliate with a holster manufacturer at some point, but they were in the leather business at one time and found it not to be profitable. That is where Gould & Goodrich got their big jump.

Regards,

Back
Top Bottom