• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

S&W Victory won’t fire, HELP!

Dude there is ZERO reason to use aftermarket parts on a defective pistol. Put the OEM parts back in there and send it to S&W for repair. Done.

BTW there is likely an issue with the breech face or bolt is out of spec. It’s not something you’re going to fix. unless The goal is to waste time and $$ then do as you wish.
Pay a gunsmith. Will be faster and better. Ypu will be happier.

Pay a gunsmith. Will be faster and better. Ypu will be happier.

I’ve sent countless firearms back to mfr for repair and never paid a dime. Also if it’s not fixable they’ll replace it. But if one likes paying for what should be warrantied then gunsmith is wonderful. I’ve also seen some dicked up gunsmith work which can void warranty.

I’ve sent countless firearms back to mfr for repair and never paid a dime. Also if it’s not fixable they’ll replace it. But if one likes paying for what should be warrantied then gunsmith is wonderful. I’ve also seen some dicked up gunsmith work which can void warranty.
I cant speak for countless because if I had to send that many back, I would question what I am buying.

As far as a gunsmith, have to go with a good one, not some random kitchen table dude.

I only ever had to send one gun back, and that is because I blew it up.

If the OP wants to send it to SW, wait weeks or months while those idiots finger f*ck it, go for it. Or, pay $100 to a reputable gun Smith and have it done the right way and fast. For what he needs, they might not even charge $100.

Mods please close this, ...
hqdefault.jpg

I recently tried that with a known issue with some new SW22 mags. they had no problem replacing them but the rep told me I had to send them back using an FFL.
I seriously asked him if he was joking. They now are on my you suck list:rolleyes:
Well if you want to ship via FedEx it must be done through a FFL. They changed their policy earlier this year. Can’t remember if UPS changed too

Well if you want to ship via FedEx it must be done through a FFL. They changed their policy earlier this year. Can’t remember if UPS changed too
Did not matter which carrier was used. SW said the transaction had to go thru an FFL no matter. Remember were talking magazines only, not the whole pistol

This gun is junk and a safety hazard for your safety and to close this thread I will gladly pick up and dispose of the firearm for free. Normally I charge but this one is for the good of mankind.

I have a Mossberg 930, (semi-auto shotgun), that started failing miserably after a couple hundred rounds. Two gunsmiths worked on it, without notable success. I shipped it back to Mossberg, they turned it around in about two weeks (if I remember correctly), and it's functioned fine ever since.

There's something to be said for the factory gunsmiths - they KNOW their product, they have parts, and they have internal resources readily available.

I have a Mossberg 930, (semi-auto shotgun), that started failing miserably after a couple hundred rounds. Two gunsmiths worked on it, without notable success. I shipped it back to Mossberg, they turned it around in about two weeks (if I remember correctly), and it's functioned fine ever since.

There's something to be said for the factory gunsmiths - they KNOW their product, they have parts, and they have internal resources readily available.
What was the problem?

2 gun smiths couldn't solve it, interesting.

What was the problem?

2 gun smiths couldn't solve it, interesting.

Wouldn't extract, would double-feed.

I had/have some OR3Gun parts in it; they left them there. Plus it was ported by one of the gunsmiths, they didn't say anything about that. I don't know what they did to fix it.

I shipped it to them with a filled out tag describing the issues. Couple days later I get a phone call, guy asks me what the problem w/gun is. I start to say "I already filled all that out" and stopped myself - told him what was wrong.

That afternoon I got an email with a tracking number.
Called them back and asked "wtf?"; was told that it was repaired.

It showed up, I took it to the range and ran 100 rounds through it without issue.

I’m at my wit’s end with trying to figure out why my victory stopped working. I’m completely stumped. I replaced the firing pin and firing pin spring, the whole thing has been COMPLETELY stripped and cleaned, lubed up, and reassembled numerous times. It’s spotless. The safety switches on and off, the trigger pulls and resets correctly, the hammer falls when the trigger is pulled, but I keep getting VERY light hits. I’ve tried shooting Federal blue box, CCI SV and Velocitor, no dice on any.
The firing pin is leaving a tiny dent on the primer but nowhere near enough to set the round off. Both a new s&w firing pin and a tandemkross pin, which is quite sharp, along with new firing pin springs.

What else could be going on? I’ve sunk a decent amount of money into it upgrading it and it worked great for probably 5-600 rounds and then randomly stopped and I haven’t been able to troubleshoot the issue since
Did you ever figure out why you have light strikes.
My Tandemkross Victory started doing the same thing and they sent this link to adjust the TK trigger pre travel screw. Pre-travel and Over-travel Adjustment Explained

Lol, how much more specific could I be than that? Literally every piece of the gun was taken apart and individually cleaned thoroughly with both solvent and copper cleaner, then properly lubed and reassembled…
I don’t believe in having my “own” definition, im using “completely” the way its defined in the dictionary
Because most people consider a 'field strip' as 'taking the gun apart'. If you took it down to the bare slide and bare lower, literally every pin and screw removed, that's not 'normal'.

Because most people consider a 'field strip' as 'taking the gun apart'. If you took it down to the bare slide and bare lower, literally every pin and screw removed, that's not 'normal'.
I never used the word “normal” or the term “field stripped” when describing how far I stripped it.. I used the word “completely.”

Did you ever figure out why you have light strikes.
My Tandemkross Victory started doing the same thing and they sent this link to adjust the TK trigger pre travel screw. Pre-travel and Over-travel Adjustment Explained
I haven’t, but I’m going to the range today so I will pull the pre-travel screw back a few threads and see if that works. If not, I’ll be taking it to Littleton to drop off while I pickup some ammo. Thanks for the article

Back
Top Bottom