• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

S&W Victory. Where?

Wickedcoolname

NES Member
My buddy and I are both in the market for a S&W Victory .22 pistol.
Four Seasons is out of stock and I'm having a hard time finding them elsewhere.
Old Glory has them, but I don't like paying the transfer fee to get it in Mass.
Does anyone know a Mass dealer who has them in stock?
Four Season's cash price is $349.00 which is great, but I'm getting impatient.
I appreciate any leads.

A store I stopped by today had one $399.00
Middleboro.
Handled it a little and almost bought it, seems nice.

My buddy and I are both in the market for a S&W Victory .22 pistol.
Four Seasons is out of stock and I'm having a hard time finding them elsewhere.
Old Glory has them, but I don't like paying the transfer fee to get it in Mass.
Does anyone know a Mass dealer who has them in stock?
Four Season's cash price is $349.00 which is great, but I'm getting impatient.
I appreciate any leads.

I was at Collector's last Saturday and they had a few, I think they were $325 bucks.

Great - looking forward to a range report after you've given it some exercise. Did they have a good supply of them at Collector's?
He said he bought quite a few. S&W has some sort of promotion right now where you get a discount if you buy "X" amount of guns, so he ordered enough to qualify, which is why he can offer the low price.
So far the gun is living up to the hype. The trigger is fantastic. Light and crisp with virtually no over-travel. I just put two boxes of CCI standard velocity ammo through it with zero malfunctions and impressive accuracy. After tweaking the rear sight a few clicks to the left I was getting consistent, golf ball size groups at fifty feet with a two-hand grip. I'm sure the gun is capable of much better than that with a steadier hand.
I haven't played the bullseye game in many years but I tried two mags off-hand at the same distance and was very, very happy.
I think a person interested in getting into NRA bullseye pistol matches could start out with this gun without any modifications at all and have a very good time.
I'm trying to think of any other .22 handgun out there that you could buy for under $350 and be competitive in a bullseye pistol match without at least installing a new trigger, if not paying a gunsmith to tune it.
If I were to compete with it about the only thing I would change would be the sights. For informal target shooting as well as hunting and plinking I think the stock fiber optic sights are fine. They're super bright and easily adjustable. But for bullseye shooting I would either install a fine blade front sight or I'd use the included mounting rail and install a target optic. But for all other purposes the three dot fiber optic setup is pretty nice.
All in all, I think if S&W charged $500 for this gun they'd still outsell and out perform anything in its class.

I was reading that the Victory can be finicky with ammo so I tested everything that I had in my safe. I shot 40 rounds with each ammo (2 ten round mags twice each). I was shooting at orange stick-on targets apprx 3" diameter at 30 feet, standing with a two-hand grip. Here are my highly unscientific results:

CCI standard velocity 40 grains, 1070 FPS. 100 % reliable and all shots in the 3" target.

Remington Golden Bullet 40 grains, 1255 FPS. Absolute garbage. Failure to feed and failure to eject every single round. No idea as to accuracy. I gave up after two mags.

Winchester Super X 40 grains, RN Copper Plated 1300 FPS. 3 Failures to eject in 4 mags. I field stripped and did a quick clean and fired 4 more mags. I had two failures in 4 mags. Accuracy was similar to CCI but with a couple of flyers. Most likely pilot error.

Remington Golden Bullet Brass Plated Hollow Points. 36 grains, 1280 FPS. Not quite as accurate as CCI and not as failure prone as the other Golden Bullets but more than one failure per mag.

Winchester White Box 36 Grains lead hollow point 1280 FPS. This was a pleasant surprise! Excellent accuracy and 100 % reliable.
I shot 4 extra magazines so a total of 80 rounds and it was every bit as accurate and reliable as CCI. Who wudda thunk?

Well, that's it for my half ass range report. I'm going to buy a few different brands of higher end target ammo tomorrow and give them a try, this time on the bench with sandbags. I'm guessing the CCI will remain high on the list but I plan to keep some Winchester White Box around for general purpose.

Did you get the regular barrel or the target barrel?
As far as I understand they have 3 models. The standard, which I bought. The same gun but with a threaded barrel to accept a compensator or supressor. And a third one similar to the standard but with a camo finish. I believe you can buy after-market barrels. I think there's a fluted steel one and a carbon fiber one as well...I think from Volquarston.

Did you Loctite the take-down set screw or just keeping an eye on it? I've read it can be prone to backing out over time. Now that this is available in MA, it is on my short list along with the Ruger Mark 4 and Buckmark Camper. Thanks for the positive review.

Did you Loctite the take-down set screw or just keeping an eye on it? I've read it can be prone to backing out over time. Now that this is available in MA, it is on my short list along with the Ruger Mark 4 and Buckmark Camper. Thanks for the positive review.
I read about issues with the screw but mine came with thread lock on it and it's been fine.
I've shot the hell out of it the last two days, mostly testing ammo. So far the CCI standard velocity is the winner. Just another frustrating thing about living in Mass. I could order a brick for $26 but no one that I've found will ship to this shit hole state, so I have to buy it locally for closer to $40.
I'm looking forward to the move South. Probably Tennessee if I can get the wife to go. If not I guess I'll have to trade her in.

Back
Top Bottom