• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

S/W Victory Model 38 Special

Victory Models were made mainly for pilots and home front use and for export to England. They are basically your run of the mill S&W mod 10 revolvers. The Victory models were naturally used during WW2 and many were used by the Navy. There are usually 2 main chamberings, first is 38 S&W also known as 38/200 for England and 38 special for the USA. The guns were also made in 4 inch and 5 inch barrel lengths.
Prices for the 5 inch English guns are in the 300 to 400 range
Prices for the 4 inch US guns are usually 400 to 500 and more for the Navy marked versions. Prices are for 90% guns.

Does it have US Govt Property on it? If not, it might have been used in Canada.. a lot were, I hear.

Web%20100_0742.jpg

right%20600x449.jpg

Does it have a V serial number on the butt grip?

The finish on mine is a little 'weak' but it's mechanically perfect. I paid $213.50 for it in April.

Last edited:
Victory Models were made mainly for pilots and home front use and for export to England. They are basically your run of the mill S&W mod 10 revolvers. The Victory models were naturally used during WW2 and many were used by the Navy. There are usually 2 main chamberings, first is 38 S&W also known as 38/200 for England and 38 special for the USA. The guns were also made in 4 inch and 5 inch barrel lengths.
Prices for the 5 inch English guns are in the 300 to 400 range
Prices for the 4 inch US guns are usually 400 to 500 and more for the Navy marked versions. Prices are for 90% guns.

Darn it Marco, you're getting too good on these Smith & Wesson's. How's a guy supposed to get a deal at a Machine Gun Shop when you know about Victory Revolvers? [wink]

By the way, the 38/200 British lend lease gun is the Model 11. It has it's own designation.

No US Govt markings it does have a V starting the ser.# its in wawesome shape..

It might have been refinished and the marks polished out. I have a couple like that. Are there any British Proof marks? Does it say "Not British Made" on the side under the cylinder?

It says made in the usa on one side. It doesnt appear to have been refinished. Its in great shape but looking at all the other markings on it I dont think it was polished the flaming bomb and the other marking appear pretty good

Back
Top Bottom