• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

S&W "Victory" .22LR pistol. Ruger clone?

hminsky

NES Life Member
NES Member
108490_01_md.jpg

I just saw this advertised. Looks like a kind of homely Ruger Mark I clone? Doesn't really do it for me. Although if it's easier to take down than a Ruger, that would be an improvement.

I don't mind the looks so much. I honestly don't think the Ruger MK guns are terribly attractive either, but I've enjoyed shooting them anyways. I could see myself getting one of these once they've been out a while longer.

I'm always wary of 22lr pistols, they seem to be jam machines more often than not.
Some are picky about ammo. My Ruger pistols will eat anything I throw at them with the exception of the SR22. It likes HV stuff to cycle reliably. If it gets a little dirty it becomes an issue with SV ammo.

Some are picky about ammo. My Ruger pistols will eat anything I throw at them with the exception of the SR22. It likes HV stuff to cycle reliably. If it gets a little dirty it becomes an issue with SV ammo.
Wow my SR22 eats everything and is the most reliable 22 gun I have ever shot. Amazed at the differences people get in the same production gun.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I saw on at a MA LGS this weekend...waiting to get on the list ... MSRP is $425.
Worth a look when the street price settles in.

I got the stainless Buckmark Camper. Really nice pistol. Accurate as all hell too. I paid 365 before tax. Very happy with it but I also have a Mark 2 competition. Both shoot good. The victory seems interesting, looks like a mix of the Mark series and Buckmark with a hint of 22a also thrown in for good measure.

Back
Top Bottom