S&W sigma. 40 HELP!

Let me start by saying I did something really stupid. I took apart my sigma to clean it. I removed the slide, Barrel and the recoil spring. I partially slid the slide back on the frame without the recoil spring or the barrel. It locked and now I can't get off. I pulled the trigger first and tried to take down catch. It seems like the trigger stopping the flight from coming off. Any suggestions? Please......

Don't apologize for the question but you can apologize for having a .40 Sigma ;)

Sorry I had to do it. Wish you the best.

Let me know if you have any other issues with it. I have sold hundreds of those and have taken them apart many times. If your local, well meet up.

[laugh] i bought the sigma 9mm, ya it was my first firearm my inexperience showed and i went for the cheap pistol. Hes not the only one

Nothing wrong with that really there is not. Got to work around the budget and I understand that.
But I still got a dig out of it :D

I did buy it because it was cheap (I have 4 kids so my shooting budget is limited. I was shooting my buddy's guns for a year before I bought it. He shoots USPSA. I was using his STI Executive 2011 .40, his Kimber gold match 1911 9mm or others much nicer than mine. I sucked the first time I shot the Sigma. I still don't like the trigger pull. I need to pick up a 1911. Going from the STI to the Sigma is like going fr a Corvette to a Yugo.

You should look at the entry level 1911's - can be had for around 500-700 depending on make/model/manufacturer (new or used)
You could also look into the M&P series those are good guns for a reasonable cost.

Of course I know $500 is not burning in any ones pocket right now but just a suggestion.

If you are interested in tinkering a little there are several things that can be done to help out with that trigger pull. Most of them aren't to difficult and cost a polishing stone and elbow grease.

Any suggestions to a new 1911 in that $500 range. I oils like it chambered in 40 S&W or 9mm. Isn't the M&P double action? To reply to the other post what do I need to do to lighten the trigger pull?

Back
Top Bottom